Old 03-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS (Madison, WI): Rota Slips with Nokian Snow Tires $350

For Sale:

Four Nokian snow tires mounted on alloy wheels

Tires: Nokian Hakapeliitta Q snow tires
Size: 195/55 R15
The tires are in fantastic shape, almost new condition, with virtually no signs of wear. They have less than 100 miles of low-speed in-town driving on them. Check out the photos -- the little rubber hairs are still on the tread.
These are great snow tires and will give you unbelievable traction on snowy/icy roads. Nokian Hakapeliittas have always been the best.

Wheels: Rota Slipstream
Size: 15x6.5 / 4x100 / +40
15" x 6.5" wheel size
4 x 100mm bolt pattern
+40mm offset

The "gunmetal" color powder coat on the wheels is FLAKING OFF. They look OK from 5 feet away but if you get up close they don't look so hot. Check out these high-resolutiuon photos (click on them to zoom in):
http://greenblatt.smugmug.com/Cars/S...5037&k=mKKxZsc

My advice is to use them as is for the rest of this Winter and Spring and then paint them yourself or better yet get them professionally powder coated this Summer and they will be like new. These are really nice wheels, the classic Spoon Sports design, light in weight, suitable for autocross or competition use. No curb or other damage to the rims. Other than the flaking powder coat finish they are great wheels.

I am selling these wheels because I sold my EG Civic. I bought these tires from Big Bear Tire in Oconomowoc and they installed them and balanced the wheels.
http://bigbeartire.com/site/Contact/

Mail order price for a set of four Nokian Hakapeliitta tires is about $450.
As you know, a set of four new Rota Slipstreams runs about $535 + shipping on the internet.
So brand new this package would cost well over $1000, not including tax or shipping.

My price for the package is $350 firm (no haggling please). Yes, that is an amazing deal.
If you don't need the snow tires, sell them for $70-80 EACH on Craigslist and keep the wheels.

Cash only. Pick up in Madison, Wisconsin. Please include your full name and phone number when you email me.

Study the photos closely and then make up your mind:
http://greenblatt.smugmug.com/Cars/S...5037&k=mKKxZsc

If you have cash in hand I can meet you anywhere in the Madison area.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS (Madison, WI): Rota Slips with Nokian Snow Tires $350

Wow, this is a crazy good deal. Wish I was local! And you're absolutely set on not shipping?