Wheel and Tire

Need help shopping for tires for my 2000 Integra GSR

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help shopping for tires for my 2000 Integra GSR

Essentially, I got 2 screws in my tires, I'm running two spares right now and not driving the car until I find the tires I want. I've quoted various tires but a lot of what I've quoted have come up with VERY bad reviews upon researching them, some of them scarier than others.

I'm here right now because I have no clue what to get. Here is what I've researched:
(Stock is 195/55/15, the car is currently equipped with 205/50/15. I am shopping for four tires)
Toyo Proxes4(Les Schwab): After Les Schwab suggesting these tires like they were sent from the gods I did some research and found that I really need to stay away from these tires. The reviews scare the crap out of me, not only are they completely mixed but the bad reviews are BAD!

Ohtsu Zexius XI 427 (Les Schwab): I believe these are the ones on the car right now, as far as I know these drive pretty well and I'm tempted to just buy these again and hope they aren't as bad as the reviews. I never had them new they were on there when I bought the car.

Kumo ASX UHP (Local place called Keith *** Autobahn): These also have very mixed reviews, mostly bad even though I've looked on here and in a thread people were speaking very highly of them. I'm really not sure about these at this point. Plus if I buy these I get them from a more local place than Les Schwab so if I'm out of state and a tire goes flat I have to pay for it to get fixed VS Les Schwab which is pretty big company with places everywhere.

Ohtsu Grenada: This was quoted to me by Les Shwab but I cannot find anything on google about them saying anything good or bad, which if I can't read about the tire I probably won't buy it.

General GMAX (190/55/15) (Keith ***): As far as I can tell these tires have good reviews but that's only from two sites, other than those two I can't find anything else about these tires.

Basically, I need any suggestions/personal experience/etc regarding the above or other tires. I'm looking for something mid range.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need help shopping for tires for my 2000 Integra GSR

I am about to order some 205-50-15 yokahoma s-drives off tire rack for my gsr swapped eg6. My proxies on my G35 all began separating on the inner sidewall not long after putting them on. I will never go with them again. I wouldn't even think of the other brands you mentioned except maybe Kumo. I love some BF Goodrich. Currently have on all 3 of my vehicles. Only complaint is my lexus with g-forces have more road noise than I would like for a lexus. Great traction though!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Trial User

These are at the core going to be commuter tires, but from time to time I like to have a little fun, are the sdrives the best for that?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got a set of 205/50/15 Hankook V2 concepts and i love them. Have them on my 97 Civic ex with si wheels. They ride very good and smooth and are super quiet. I read alot of good reviews on them.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should be sticky'd Very informative. S-drives were in 6th place and Dunlop Direzza's were the winners with great dry and wet performance. I think I just changed what I am ordering...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...r-spec-page-11
Old 05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive never had a better tire than the direzza star spec, unfortunately they are not available in the size i want and i am in bad need of front tires so i have heard great things (mostly from the straight line guys) about the nitto neo gens. i just found them on discount tire direct for 97 a piece!! i will report back when they are on.

when i order my new 15s im gonna give the hankook ventus rs3s a try they are also reasonably priced on tire rack. if im not happy im gonna pay the extra for the star specs because i know they are awesome. another tire i liked for the price was the falken azenis 615k, theyre good bang for the buck too.