Wheel and Tire

My Nitto Motivo Tire Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Nitto Motivo Tire Review

A while back I filled out a form on either this website or another forum for the opportunity to receive a set of Nitto Motivo tires to review. About a month later to my surprise they emailed me saying I was selected to receive a set and within a week of replying they were sitting at myfront door. So in accordance with their request I am leaving my review of the tire on here and on a couple other forums. I just got them mounted a few days ago so unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them mounted. But, for the purpose of this review I grabbed a picture off Google for reference.

Of course we really don't care about looks; so onto the performance. Being that I live in an area that can get a lot of snow I have usually ran snow tires and summer tires so I don't much experience with an all season tire like this. The last set of summer tires I had were Nankang NS II's which I mostly got because discount tire was running a ridiculously good sale on them. The Nankang's weren't bad in dry conditions but in the rain they could be pretty scary sometimes. Motivo which is an all season tire seems to handle the rain a lot better as expected. One of my other initial impressions was the tire seems to be very quiet which is of course a huge plus. It also seems to handle the same if not better in dry conditions. The tires have a tread wear rating of 560 or 60,000 miles which is pretty impressive for an all season tire with decent handling. But of course I can't really say anything as far as wear goes since I just recently got them mounted. However, at the request of Nitto I will leave an update at 3,500 mile intervals, so I should have more to say as far as wear goes.
Attached Images