Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S (215/45-17)
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Michelin or Falken

Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Michelin or Falken

Alright so I'm about to get new tires and I've narrowed my options down to either:
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (225/45-17)
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (215/45-17)
Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S (215/45-17)

They'll be going on a 17x9 wheel and aside from the size difference, there's about $100-$150 difference in cost and I'm just trying to get some opinions on whether or not those Michelin's are actually worth the extra $$$$ in terms of performance? If any of you have 1st hand experience with any of these tires your input would be great! And if not, I'd still like to hear your thoughts/opinions... Thanks in advance!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Michelin or Falken

Their ALL good tires personally I have the ziex 950 and they handle extremely well, not as good as the 912 but for my purposes they work, got illuminas with pro kits,poly bushings front and rear, eibach sway bars and strut bars on a 97 accord, beastly handling around the corners, it ALL depends on what your doing with them, for me it's a DD and weekend warrior, if you just want tires go with which ever is the lowest price you can find, if your looking for performance that's tricky, personally I love the DWS continentals best tire hands down, couldn't afford them at the time so I went with falkens, even when over the Dunlop drieses lol, hope it helps.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bert209
Their ALL good tires personally I have the ziex 950 and they handle extremely well, not as good as the 912 but for my purposes they work, got illuminas with pro kits,poly bushings front and rear, eibach sway bars and strut bars on a 97 accord, beastly handling around the corners, it ALL depends on what your doing with them, for me it's a DD and weekend warrior, if you just want tires go with which ever is the lowest price you can find, if your looking for performance that's tricky, personally I love the DWS continentals best tire hands down, couldn't afford them at the time so I went with falkens, even when over the Dunlop drieses lol, hope it helps.

Helps a TON bro! I was hoping to hear from someone with actual first hand experience with the Falkens in question and then to make things better you've got the exact same chassis as I do! So that's a HUGE help man. Basically I'm looking for performance in most weather conditions, and something with decent tread wear because they will be daily driven. I agree that the DWS's are great performance tires, especially in the wet and snow, but when I had them I wasn't happy with the tread wear and before I knew it they were useless in the aforementioned conditions. Tbh I'm not so much worried about the snow capabilities but wet weather grip is VERY important to me. Last year I put a set of Michelin Premier A/S's on my wife's car (2015 Accord EX) and I really can't say enough about the quality of those tires. The wet grip is amazing and it gets BETTER as the tread wears!? They actually inspire confidence when driving in wet conditions; still-water that most cars are hydroplaning on, gets evacuated with ease! They're great! BUT.... They're expensive as hell. Now, for my wife's car, I don't mind spending the extra money to know that her and our son are safe. But my cars a little different, it's boosted making a good bit of power, so I want performance BUT it's also lowered and with the natural camber the whole tire doesn't wear evenly so the more I think about it I just can't justify spending all that extra money on tires that won't even be sitting flat on the road!? And if you've had the Falkens and you're saying they perform well in all conditions, then I think I'll give them a shot..? I've also been doing a lot of research on these tires and Falken does a ton of R&D with drift cars, so they tend to cater more to the "stance" enthusiasts, hence the beefed up shoulders on the inside edges of their tires and the stiffer sidewalls, which are things you just don't see from Michelin, but will certainly have an impact on both the handling performance and the tread wear on a car like mine. So all I was really waiting for was to hear from someone with firsthand knowledge... And YOU sir were that person, so Thank You. I appreciate your feedback and help
Old 07-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in central cal so I can't speak for them on snow and I try to avoid rainy conditions but for the dry roads their awesome, only had a couple of tries on curvy roads and they performed well, but again coupled with my suspension they just kept planted, and yeah the DWS do wear fast, as much as love them I'm trying to avoid any tire with such wear indicators.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bert209
I live in central cal so I can't speak for them on snow and I try to avoid rainy conditions but for the dry roads their awesome, only had a couple of tries on curvy roads and they performed well, but again coupled with my suspension they just kept planted, and yeah the DWS do wear fast, as much as love them I'm trying to avoid any tire with such wear indicators.
Awesome man...and I'm totally with you on the avoiding those types of wear indicators. And thank you... I went ahead and got the Falkens and so far I love them! They look great, they've got a super stiff sidewall, and they stop on a dime in the rain! Oh! AND they saved me nearly $200 bucks! So I've got ZERO complaints thus far bro, thx.

I'll be sure to update this thread, or make a new one, after I've been riding on them awhile to give a more in-depth "review".