Wheel and Tire

Best Drag Radial "Overall"

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best Drag Radial "Overall"

Originally Posted by NirVTEC
Methinks there are a lot of BAD DRIVERS in here.....
I don't know about bad drivers, I think there are a LOT of people willing to hammer it up a freeway on-ramp now and again, with the occasional smokey burnout in the driveway or some old parking lot 20 miles from town.

I'm not interested in street racing, but things happen now and then and it's nice to know you have a tire that will work, even if normal wear is excessive.

Right now, I'm looking for a drag radial because we have a no slicks class we are working on. So it's good information, and I'm ready to buy something. Keep that information coming.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idrivesideways
205 55 14 fits many of the hondas in my neighborhood
Yes, they fit. But if you have any kind of respectable power then they will spin, badly. In my experience, a properly sized and inflated drag radial will out-perform any other street tire in straight line acceleration. I daily drove on BFGs with no problems, but my next tires will be MTs.

To the OP: Part of having a turbo Honda is replacing the front tires frequently. Suck it up and get something sticky.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have Hoosier 225/50/16 DOT drag radials being put on right now while car is in the shop.

Will update with opinions later this week when I get it back. (I know I said this in a previous thread but that thread was locked.)

From what I've read these should be the best performing DOT drag radials for straight line performance although they are a borderline slick.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the BFG gforces sucked. even warmed up on low pressure, they didnt grip, this was in my 400whp integra but i was dissapointed. On the street i would catch traction in middle of 3rd no joke. & if your racing on the street no drag radial is going to last long. What i did to make them last longer is I never do burnouts, cus it didnt help anyway.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by konad
I have Hoosier 225/50/16 DOT drag radials being put on right now while car is in the shop.

Will update with opinions later this week when I get it back.
In for results.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vectorsolid
In for results.
Well it took me a lot more then a week to reply but here you go lol.

These things are freaking amazing, I'm hooking all of 2nd with 400whp, no burnouts and no limited slip! The only downside to having these tires is you have to top them off with air every week or so. I have about 2,000 daily driven miles on these and they have tons of life left. I dont understand what people are talking about when they talk about tread life...They must be really hard on their tires, I have 20k on my RE01-R's and still going strong *shrug*.

I cannot comment on using these in higher HP applications but they are working very very well for me, most people dont believe me when I say their street legal. I think these are the highest traction drag radial available, just be very very careful in any kind of rain. Don't be fooled, these are slicks...

DD status.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any shots that show fender clearance and ride height better?