Notices

tig welder

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tig welder

hi guy i want to know what you think about that but before , i have a good miller mig welder and i have some experience with this welder it s a realy great welder and i want to begin tig weld and because i dont have experience on tig i dont want to pay 2k$ for a tig welder but this morning a see this on the net http://www.harborfreight.com/c...etype= and i told to me i think it s a great welder for begin , i just want to learn tig welding on metal, stainless, maybe titanium but a dont want to do aluminium , for begin this is a great welder?
thanx alot
frank
Old 05-13-2007, 02:13 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tig welder (foxtrott501)

What is your max to spend. I don't have 2K laying around but there are some great deals on ebay to get a good quality miller for a great price. I don't suggest getting that bad investment. I am sure that it will do to learn on but as far as making a good weld than get something that has a water cooler to reduce the size of the torc.

Try to find a welder with a foot pedal. I hate not having control of my heat/amperage in the middle of a weld. This will allow you to get away from scratch starts which will contaminate your tungsten if you don't know what your doing.

Just a FYI but last I checked titanium filler rod is like $70 a pound. If your concerned about cost on the welder research about some titanium costs a little. Titanium is a whole other topic.

Basically if you want to learn technique than get the HF but if you want to have good welds with consistent welds and reliability than step it up to something real.