Notices
Want to Buy Want to Trade/Want to Buy

WTB: Del Sol Auto To 5spd parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Del Sol Auto To 5spd parts

Here is the list i took from the FAQ

Transmission - This is by far the biggest part that you'll be having to purchase. You'll need to buy one that is compatible with your motor D/B/H series which ever motor you have. From my reading, I've learned that all D series motors are 's20' transmissions. I bought my tranny from a local import, reason being because it had low mileage and it came with a warranty. The only downside to this is that I did not know what kind of car is was coming out of, DX, LX, EX etc. I was lucky and got an EX/Si tranny. Any D series transmission will work on your D series motor. You can find this part at local junkyards/transmission shops.

Clutch/Flywheel/Pressure Plate - These parts are obvious in their function. I used an OEM style clutch/flywheel and pressure plate. Now, the comboinations for these are endless. Use whatever brand/style you prefer. This is one part that I HIGHLY recommend buying brand new so you don't run into any problems later on. This is one of the few parts that can take constant abuse from the driver. You can purchase these across various internet websites and autopart stores.

Starter - You will need a manual starter for your new manual transmission, your automatic one will not line up correctly, thus not allowing it to work. Again, this is a part that I would recommend buying brand new because it's a very crucial part to driving your car. Again, you can purchase these at autopart stores/internet websites.

Clutch Resovir - This peice holds your clutch fluid and also the master cylindar sits on the opposite side of it. This is a part that you can buy used from a local junkyard.

Hydraulic Lines - These steel lines run from the clutch resovir, and connect to the slave cylindar. Now, there are two pieces of this line. One that connects to the cluch resovir, and the other to the slave and these two peices meet in the middle.

Slave Cylindar - This part connects to your transmission. I was lucky and my tranny already had one on it. You can purchase this part at a local junkyard.

Master Cylindar - Like I stated earlier, this peice sits on the other side of your clutch resovir and connects to the clutch pedal itself. This is a piece that I got lost on. My master cylindar never came with the cotter pin that is needed. Now, this peice connects to master cylindar to the clutch pedal itself and allows you to engage the clutch. You can find this part at an junkyard.

ECU - This is the computer portion of your car and allows it to run effectivley. You will need a manual one for which ever motor you're running. Now, you can turn you're existing automatic ECU into a manual one. Now, I'm not sure how to go about this process, I just found it easier to buy a new one. Now, I found that most junkyards don't carry these on hand. I bought mine from Honda-Tech.

Pedal Assembly - You're going to need new pedals for this. Although, you can use your existing AT Brake/Gas pedal the clutch and brake will sit EXTREAMLY close together and could result in hazerdous driving. This part can be purchased from a junkyard.

Throttle Cable - This is the part that I never had and never knew I would need. My EG At throttle cable WOULD NOT work due to this mechanism that is found the on the AT gas pedal. With the manual pedal, the cable has a bigger end that goes into the car and allows it to sit securly on the gas pedal. Again, can be purchased from a junkyard.

Shift Linkage - This the peice that connects the shifter to the transmission and allows you to shift gears. As long as these peices aren't bent it will function properly. Again, junkyard for this peice.

Manual Console Piece - Your AT console peice will not work with a shift boot (well, you can modify it). I found one in mint condition for cheap, so I just picked that up. Junkyard it.

Shift Boot - Now, you don't 'need' this part or the shift boot for the car to function properly it just cleans up the interior. Junk yard it.

Shifter Bushings - You'll need several bushings for the shift linkage so it sits nice and tight, I purchased these parts brand new from Honda.

Mounts - A lot of people are under the belief that you can use an OEM top manual mount on your automatic chassi. This is incorrect, well you can use one but you will need to weld it to the tranny. I picked up a mount from JDMSh!t.com, the good thing about this mount is that it's made for an automatic chassi, and also a manual transmission. It's 100% bolt up. Placeracing.com/Hasport also make similar mounts.

The shiftlinkage must be from a del sol d16z6 if its a civic it WILL NOT fit
Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: WTB: Del Sol Auto To 5spd parts (tambara)

bump
Old 12-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have almost all you need...out of a 94 del sol
Old 12-22-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: WTB: Del Sol Auto To 5spd parts (forcfedcivic)

i have the shift linkage and all mounts. pm'd
Old 12-23-2006, 10:30 PM

IM'd!!! Also have clutch and flywheels available for a little more.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its dusty/dirty from sitting in the shop...i do have the shifter boot also....included
make me an offer
Old 12-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: WTB: Del Sol Auto To 5spd parts (forcfedcivic)

what happen to the radio cover
Old 12-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the car was a roll-over....bought it from a local yard for the b16 swap...now i'm parting the rest.
i'll dig for the cover...pretty sure its there...then i'll let you know
Old 01-08-2007, 09:42 PM

bump need that center console
Old 01-11-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: (tambara)

bump need that center console !!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:20 PM

i have everything you need bro hit me up