PA Rare Mitsubishi Evolution 9 RS - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

PA Rare Mitsubishi Evolution 9 RS

Old 07-13-2018, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Rare Mitsubishi Evolution 9 RS

MY Evo ISNT IN PERFECT CONDITION SO PLEASE DON'T COMMENT SAYING ITS BEAT UP OR IT NEEDS THIS OR THAT! I am selling my extremely rare Mitsubishi evolution 9 RS. Mitsubishi shipped only 358 of these to north America in the year 2006. This was the only year they made the Evo 9. I still have yet to see another Evo 9 RS in person! I doubt there aren't even half of these still left on the road since people like to crash these cause they don't know how to drive them or the end up blowing them up with too much power. My evo is all matching except the tail lights are from a evo 8 and also the wheels are evo 8 wheels. It's never been in any accidents! I have the clean title in my hand! Don't even bother emailing me if you don't have anywhere close to my asking price. I am asking for 18,000 cash. If it doesn't sell then no big deal I'll just hold onto it and in two years the value will still be the same or even worth more as long as I don't rack up a lot of miles on it. Every Evo on craigslist that's for sale are at least priced at 24,000 or higher.

So I've been thinking about this for a very long time and I think the day has come. I've decided to possibly straight up sell my evo 9 RS or trade it for a lesser value nice running car plus cash. Unfortunately I got laid off last month and it's been really hard to find steady full-time work since I got laid off. I could really use the cash right now so that's why I am selling my Evo. I would really like to trade my evo for a 99-00 civic si. I know that is pretty far fetched, the EM1 is pretty hard to find these days. I actually used to own one and I loved it. But I will entertain any other Honda civic that's in good condition and runs good plus cash on top for my evo. I will trade for other makes, not just civics. I'm mainly looking to get a 4 cylinder.

Here are the details about my evo,

Vin# JA3AH36C66U04I412

It's a rally red 2006 Mitsubishi evolution RS. They only shipped 358 Evo 9 rs's to North American in 2006. Which is the only year they made the 9's. The RS model only came in the colors wicked white or rally red. I am the second owner. I bought the car back in the summer of 2008 which had approximately 30,000 miles on it when I bought it and it was completely stock. The first owner never modified it. It currently has 125,000 miles on it. It has never been in any accidents, I have a clean and clear title in my hand, I do not owe any money. Right now there is a white evo 9 rs for sale on here and on autotrader with 88,000 miles and it says it's been in a minor accident and it's priced at $24,000. I'm asking to get only $18,000 for mine so please do not offer me low ball offers, they will be ignored. I am located just outside of Philadelphia. I am just trying to sell my evo and I know it's not the cleanest evo out there, I've been daily driving it since I bought it. It is not a show car or garage queen.

Specs and aftermarket parts:
-It was dyno tuned by veracious motor spots which is in Wilmington Delaware and put down 300 wheel horsepower and 300 ft pounds of torque on 93 octane gas.
- Tanabe turbo back 3 inch stainless steel exhaust with test pipe (no cat)
- manual boost controller set at 22 pounds of boost at max boost
- Tein lowering springs with factory struts which were replaced and installed at 95,000 miles.
- Real JDM rear bumper
- Exedy Heavy Duty pressure plate with exedy organic clutch disc ( installed at 95,000 miles)
- ACT lightweight flywheel (installed at same time as clutch) It's not the super light flywheel, it's the one that's a couple pounds heavier. It does not effect the idle at all and it helps rev up quicker, i'm very happy with it!

The good and the bad;

The Good:
It weights approx only 3,080 pounds with the gas light on and nobody in the car, that's about 200 pounds lighter than say a evo mr or se. I've never ran it at the dragstrip or I've never street raced it. I have had it on a road course, Miller motor sport park just outside of Salt Lake City Utah a few times at one lap at a time. There are actually videos of some of my runs on my Facebook page. I don't beat on it, my goal was to keep it until at least 200,000 miles or until the day the motor died on me so I drive the car very conservatively! I can't even remember the last time I redlined it. I recently changed the oil at 118,000 miles and I just hit 120,000 miles last week. I have always used Mobile one full synthetic motor oil snd change it when i get to 5000 miles or less and have changed the oil and oil filter myself every single time. It's had the 60,000 mile maintenance done at when I hit 90,000 miles. I replaced all four tie rods this past winter and then had the alignment done. The passanger side control arm ball joint went bad a couple years ago and so i bought and had a whole new control arm installed. The car drives/runs great.

The Bad:
The exterior paint on these evo's isn't the greatest. There are some small scratches on the bumpers, tiny paint chips all over the hood, the front windshield is cracked just on the passenger side which is why inspection and emission stickers are expired so it won't pass inspection until I replace the windshield. And I took out the rear seat years ago because I used to go snowboarding a lot and had to fit my snowboard is in the car and I actually sold the rear seat so I do not have a rear seat for it but you can find one for around 200-300 bucks. Also there is no catalytic converter, it has a test pipe but I can get it to pass the emissions and that is why the check engine light is on because the O2 sensor would go into the cat. Basically this would be an excellent Evo to buy to turn into a track evo since it's an RS. I have the front bumper lip, i took it off before winter so it wouldn't get ripped off in the snow but it's really beat up with a bunch of scratches and the mounting clips and brackets broke off so to get it to stay on you either have to tape it on or glue it on or zip tie it on or a combination of all three, lol.

It's a super rare car!!! But I am not really letting that reflect on my asking price or I'd be asking a lot more. E mail me if you are interested. But please only if you are serious buyer and have the cash to buy it or have a nice car to trade plus cash. Only manual trans cars I'll consider.

The first two pics are pics I took the day I bought it, all the rest are current pics as of this weekend. I wet sanded the wheels and washed them really good and then i painted them a dark grey color. I tried to color match the same grey that the bbs wheels come as that came on the evo mr's and se's. I think they came out great! I'm going to clean the interior and take some pics this week and put them up. If you e mail me your phone number i will text you, thanks.

Last edited by superg6819; 07-13-2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something
Old 07-13-2018, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rare Mitsubishi Evolution 9 RS

You do know this is a Honda Forum right ??? Did you post here because you wanted to trade for an EM1 ???
Old 07-14-2018, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can sell any kind of car on here last I was aware. I know nothing about this car, seems expensive in comparison to built hondas. But again, what do I know...?
Old 07-14-2018, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 View Post
You do know this is a Honda Forum right ??? Did you post here because you wanted to trade for an EM1 ???
and? Better look around, junior.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by homeskillet View Post
You can sell any kind of car on here last I was aware. I know nothing about this car, seems expensive in comparison to built hondas. But again, what do I know...?
Originally Posted by itr 00 0108 View Post

and? Better look around, junior.
My point here was not whether the OP can or cannot... I asked because I am fairly confident that VERY FEW Mitsu EVO fan-boys lurk here, and at that price, the future owner will HAVE to be a fan-boy !!! You two are wound pretty tight... maybe a yoga class or some meditation will help you both to chillax a bit.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My point here was not whether the OP can or cannot... I asked because I am fairly confident that VERY FEW Mitsu EVO fan-boys lurk here, and at that price, the future owner will HAVE to be a fan-boy !!! You two are wound pretty tight... maybe a yoga class or some meditation will help you both to chillax a bit.
Yet youíre the one whining about a non Honda being advertised...

Some people make more than you do working the fries at Arbyís.

And who needs to be a fan boy to buy an evo? I had a 2012 evo and Iíd own again. Lots of non Hondas are sold here. Just point your browser somewhere else and go about your day.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No whining here... I was trying to help. Suggesting that there are other more likely places to advertise a Mitsu isn't whining. Now maybe I could have stated it in a different way... sarcasm doesn't come thru very well in a two dimensional world. That's my bad. All you have done itr is be hateful, judgemental and condescending... probably showing out while defending your friend here. I get it.

Anyway, good luck with the sale OP. Junior... out.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

. All you have done itr is be hateful, judgemental and condescending... probably showing out while defending your friend here. I get it.
Never met the dude nor do I know him. I only stated that there are plenty of non Hondas that are posted here.

Youíre just being a dope. He can post the car where ever he sees fit. Thatís why he has an evo and youíre souping up civics.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With the poor condition its in and the high milage that is a 10k car.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:53 AM
Former Moderator

That thing is BEAT. With the exterior condition being so poor it makes me wonder how shitty the maintenance/lack thereof is. Those poor wheels and brake calipers being cleaned with harsh chemicals, the paint that was neglected/sitting outside all the time, etc.

You treat it like ****, and it shows.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:36 AM
footwork mastery

No interior photos? Curious how well that's faired...
Old 07-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
No interior photos? Curious how well that's faired...
He ******* sold the back seats to a four door car.

Use your imagination.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:40 AM
footwork mastery

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2 View Post
He ******* sold the back seats to a four door car.

Use your imagination.
Yea but #racecar
Old 07-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
Yea but #racecar
If you think taking the back seat out of a POS makes a racecar, Im sure you lick windows clean instead of using windex.

Last edited by HATCHBACK GORILLA!; 07-19-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:13 PM
43!
Honda-Tech Member

That thing is beat af. 18k?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.