Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda CRX >>G23 VTEC<< Fast! TypeR Killer! H22 EF

For sale is a 1990 Honda CRX, please read the entire ad before calling me:

1990 Honda CRX DX (lighter model) a.k.a Project Sleeper

Exterior:
-Has 200K miles on the body
-Body is mostly straight needs some work to be perfect
-Primer grey in color gives it a sleeper look (actual primer not spray can)
-No rust or major damage to frame
-Newer windshield
-Has front clear corner lights
-It's has stock lights and bumpers
-Rolling on old prelude mesh wheels, 13" actually get pretty good traction, good tires
-Needs new tabs, and emissions test (I'm going to try later this week, but if you register it to a county that doesn't do emissions it's no problem)

Engine:
-Has a G23 VTEC engine (F23 block with a H22 head)
-Easily makes 200HP and 170 lb./ft. of torque (That's the same as a Type R motor only about 45 more lb./ft of torque!)
-F23 Block had only 50K miles on it (but doesn't matter since it's rebuilt)
-H22A1 Head All stock with only 60K mile on it
-DC Sports 4-2-1 Header, one of the few headers proven to make power on this engine
-ACL Race Bearings (best you can buy)
-K20A3 pistons bump compression up to 10.5:1 (stock H22 is 10:1 and JDM H22 is 11:1)
-Brand New Piston Rings
-Brand New Head Gasket
-Brand New Valve Cover Gasket set
-Brand New Rear Main Seal
-Brand New Crank and Cam Seals
-Brand New Oxygen Sensor
-Brand New Radiator Hoses
-Brand New Coolant
-Brand New OEM Cat Converter
-Brand New Fuel Filter
-Brand New NGK Iridium Spark Plugs (best you can buy, proven to add 1-2HP)
-Brand New Ignition Coil in a JDM H22 Internal Coil Distributor (hard to find)
-Brand New Distributor Cap and Rotor
-Brand New Spark Plug Wires
-Brand New Knock Sensor (always go out)
-Brand New Oil and Oil filter (break-in oil used then changed out)
-Brand New Exhaust and Intake Gaskets
-Brand New Timing Belt
-JDM VTEC Solenoid (no pressure switch, just one wire)
-JDM H22 P13 4WS ECU (redline at 8K, CEL is on, it has a code 36-traction control which is only on the 4WS preludes and a code 1-O2 sensor which is brand new and all wiring is good. Might go away from just driving it. )
-Custom Made OBD0-OBD1 harness, works perfectly
-Ported and shimmed on the F23 Oil pump (gets a little more oil for that VTEC)
-Has a Magnaflow 2.5" Stainless steel Cat-back exhaust (quiet when idling, but loud when reved. Muffler got a little flattened when it was being towed, but still sounds good)
-Has Alternator Relocation and used a D-series alternator (saves a few pounds and is cheaper)
-IACV Deleted (these always go out, now idles at 1K all the time, and cleans things up)
-Stock Replacement Aluminum Radiator w/ dual 10" cooling slim cooling fans(flow great,very quiet)
-Shaved Crank Pulley (only alternator pulley, will add a few HP)
-Engine bay has a slight wire tuck,fuse box and battery relocated(looks alot cleaner)
-I have all receipts for new parts

Drivetrain/Suspension:

-M2Y4 Manual H22 non-LSD transmission
-H22 flywheel w/ Exedy Stage 1 Clutch (was used but only 5K miles on it, lots of life left)
-90-93 accord shift linkage mount under car, so the stock center console is used.
-Skunk2 8K coilovers in Front and Megan 4K in the rear w/ KYB struts (struts are nothing real special, basically stock replacements)
-1988-89 Integra Driver's side Axle and New Custom made axle on passenger side (read in thread)
-Brakes in good condition Si brakes up front and fresh brake fluid
-Si front sway bar

Interior:

-All stock DX interior in 8.5 out of 10 condition
-Has Si steering wheel and Si clock
-White face gauge cluster w/blue lighting
-I have some Si Seats I can throw in for the right price
-Stripped out in back and painted Midnight Black Metallic (very clean)
-Everything works except the heater control mount is broken so it kinda flops around,but still works and
the heater blows air, but not hot air all the time. Might be the heater core, works when it wants to.
-No Radio or Speakers (who needs a radio when you can listen to VTEC crack!)

This is a very fun car to drive, it has almost instant power and when VTEC cracks it's just amazing. It makes a B16 feel like a D15! With this engine in a 2,000 pound CRX it can run mid-13 second passes all day, you can take out just about anyone with a basically stock engine. Just to show you here is what compares to the G23:
B16 swapped CRX will run high 14's, a stock S2000 will run 14.5 seconds on a good day, a well built Type R will only go low 14's or high 13's, GSR swapped CRX will run low 14's, Type R swapped CRX will run high 13's, K20 swapped CRX or Civic will run low 13's. Slightly modified Sti's will run mid-13's, alot of V8 domestics (ones that guys didn't drop over $15K into) will only run 13's. These are just a few examples, notice how the cars that compare to the G23 cost $10K-$20K, while this one is only $4500. With just a couple more grand you can run low 12's on the motor and still get 20 mpg! Don't listen to the people saying it's too front heavy and doesn't handle good, it's not true it weighs just 35 pounds more than a GSR engine, and alot of weigh has been shaved off. Here is an Import Tuning Magazine article that shows the potential:

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...dge/index.html

This has been a project for the last 2 months for me and I went over every part of the car to make sure it was all good. For the last 4 years I've been buying and selling cars(mostly Honda's of course). I build as if I will be driving it and don't cut corners. I'm very honest and don't sell junk, I will tell you anything that's wrong with the car and help you out if you have problems after you buy it. The car runs and drives amazing, it has instant power and when it hits 5K it's crazy and just flys! The engine has about 50 miles on the rebuilt engine, redlined just once or twice to make sure it's all good.

The price is $3999 OBO, which is very reasonable so no lowballers. I will take a partial trade for a Honda or Acura in need of repairs, but I need at least $3200 cash on top. If you want to come and check it out give me a call, but if you want to test drive it I need to see the cash before. If you are serious about buying the car bring money and you can test drive it, because I don't want a bunch of joyrides. I would like to sell ASAP, so I'm open to offers the worst I can say is no. You can email or call me at (425)368-8876. Thanks for looking.

I'm in Bothell, WA (25 miles north of Seattle).
Old 06-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Accident Prone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda CRX >>G23 VTEC<< Fast! TypeR Killer! H22 EF

bump for view
Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honda CRX >>G23 VTEC<< Fast! TypeR Killer! H22 EF

good setup
Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member