VA FS: 99 Civic Daily Driver 33+ MPG - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda-Tech Marketplace > Vehicles for sale
Reload this Page >

VA FS: 99 Civic Daily Driver 33+ MPG

Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only
Mark this thread as Unsold

VA FS: 99 Civic Daily Driver 33+ MPG

Old 12-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default FS: 99 Civic Daily Driver 33+ MPG

Like 95% sure Im going to be selling my Civic sedan that I have been using as a daily driver and going with only one car from now on. Thats the only reason I am selling it. Its a DX model, automatic, 230xxx miles on it, clean CarFax. I know its alot of miles but the motor doesnt burn oil at all and still runs strong with minimal signs of wear. No leaks or anything. My daily commute is prob 60% highway, 40% city and I get on average 29-32 mpg doing that drive everyday. In the last 3 months, I have driven the car from DC to Atlantic City and to Charlotte with zero problems, getting close to 40 mpg on both trips Ive owned it for nearly two years and have taken very good care of it since its been mine. Because its a high mileage car, Ive been changing the oil every 2500-3K miles and keeping up with the general maintenance very well. In addition to a basic tuneup I did over the summer (plugs, wires, fuel and air filter, valve adjustment), Ive done the following recently:

New front brakes (rotors, pads, fluid and driver side caliper) - 11/13
New tires - 9/13

Its hard to say what good or average condition is compared to other cars with 200K+ miles, but there is zero exterior rust. Interior is pretty clean as well, no tears or major damage inside. AC/Heat blow cold and hot, all electronics work inside, no major stains or anything. Here is a list of the "bad":

Mechanical:

- none that I am aware of, like I said, Ive taken very good care of the car since Ive had it and replaced what needed to be replaced as it came up

Exterior:

- crack in rear bumper, about 8 inches long on the corner
- hubcaps are rough looking, the missing ones in the picture are in my garage, pic was taken a few weeks ago after replacing the brakes and just didnt put them on yet
- front licence plate attachment area missing one screw so I only use 1 to hold the plate on
- minor dings and dents around the car, nothing major and ZERO RUST

Interior:

- no radio (I bought it this way and learned to deal with it)
- rear ashtray wont stay secure and just wont go back in properly
- rear defrost only works about 30% of the way, random rows wont work so it takes a while to fully defrost

Thats about it. As you can see, nothing major, especially not from a daily driver. Located in northern VA. Asking $1900. I think thats pretty fair but if you dont, then make me an offer. Lowballing is fine as Ill listen to the market and adjust if necessary, but like I said at the beginning, I have another car so Im not just going to sell this one for $500 just because. Ill sit on it till spring if I have to, its not costing me anything. Although its been a while, Ive sold 4 other cars on here in the past and if those buyers are around still, I think they will vouch for me as an honest seller. PM me if interested and Ill get back at you with my email or # or whatever.
Attached Images    
Old 12-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: 99 Civic Daily Driver 33+ MPG

bump
Old 12-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 12-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member