Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

PA Boosted Ef 91 hatch $16k.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFERS ..!

So I've decided I'm going to try and sell this car. only for the right price will it leave my garage. there is so much time and effort put into it but i'm getting out of the honda scene. Everything on car is almost brand new. not many miles on anything. I'm trying to get 15k Obo. no trades what so ever. you might think the price is high but to some it might be ok. Car will be featured in honda tuning mag sometime soon. Pictures where takin couple months back and hoping it will soon be in for its feature. so something to look forward to.

Serious PEOPLE only. no Bull Shi* or nasty comments. Keep to yourself. $15,000 obo
Car is located in Central PA. IF your serious about buying it or have a question PM me and we can talk.

As for the overview of the car, It's power is b18c type R . 522whp on 20 psi. 460whp on 15psi. Car was tuned my john kerr From Jk-tuning out of the Innovative Motorworks Shop.

Here is the link to pictures and some of its build time. i will get a parts/mod list up later tonight.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearance-build-threads-122/boosted-91-civic-hatch-2684357/

B18c Type R
Type R cams, head, springs.
Eagle rods
Nippon Pistons
Acl Bearings
Victorx intake
Skunk2 throttle body
skunk2 cam gears
precision 880 injectors
Skunk2 limited oil cap
BDL fuel rail
AFI Ramhorn
S362 Turbo
Custom exhaust/downpipe/ intercooler piping
hks BOV
tial 44mm wastegate
Custom Radiator with -16 an fittings welded on.
koyo 1.3 rad cap
xo2racing intercooler
hasport motormounts
etd custom traction bar
k-tuned traction bar
Mfactory LSD

skunk2 upper control arms
d2 coilover suspension
skunk2 rear control arms
asr sub brace
rear da disc conversion
em racing strut bar, sway bar. triangulated bar.
custom made roll 6point roll cage
password jdm 3point strut bar
vis carbon fiber hood
charge speed front lip
ef9 corner lights
jdm window visors

Sparco speed seats
takata 4point harnesses
keys racing steering wheel
worksbell hub
nrg quick release
sparco pedal covers
skunk2 short shifter
skunk2 shift ****
avid shift linkage
gsr center console
sony cd player

15" 5zigen fn01r-c wheels
toyo r888 tires front
kuhmo est rear
blox extended wheel studs
muteki rainbow lug nuts

I know i'm missing some things will add more as i think of them. https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2684357
Attached Images      

Last edited by boostedEF91; 09-13-2010 at 05:27 AM. Reason: new price
Old 08-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosted Ef 91 hatch $16k.

Very nice car although I doubt you'll get anywhere near $16,000 for it. While I'm sure you put a ton of time and effort into the car, those are things that are a part of the nature of the hobby that you don't get back in value. Fact is, it's an almost 20 year old Civic. Good luck with the sale though.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Accident Prone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhatboyNYC
Very nice car although I doubt you'll get anywhere near $16,000 for it. While I'm sure you put a ton of time and effort into the car, those are things that are a part of the nature of the hobby that you don't get back in value. Fact is, it's an almost 20 year old Civic. Good luck with the sale though.
could not have been said better. reminds me of that guy selling his 2000 ITR for $15,000 because it can do 8.8 sec passes. big deal, people buy ITR's to be able to drive them. if they wanted a quarter mile car, they wouldve gotten an EG that is lighter and can do better.

good luck with sale, it is a very nice build, but as mentioned above, you can't put a value on how much work you put into it.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it takes the right time and right person. i've seen cars go for this and more. some people would rather buy then build. if you wanna build you're gonna need more money then this.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Just a n00b
could not have been said better. reminds me of that guy selling his 2000 ITR for $15,000 because it can do 8.8 sec passes. big deal, people buy ITR's to be able to drive them. if they wanted a quarter mile car, they wouldve gotten an EG that is lighter and can do better.

good luck with sale, it is a very nice build, but as mentioned above, you can't put a value on how much work you put into it.
If it does 8.8 in th 1/4 then it probably had more than just a bolt on turbo kit. 15k doesn't sound too bad for a 8 sec car if your a quarter mile junkie.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up
Old 08-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh shes nice!! BUMP for L()()KING!!! GLWS
Old 08-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

id rather pay for 16 g's for this then buy a brand new car, who cares if its 20 years old? its freakin sick glws
Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostedEF91
it takes the right time and right person. i've seen cars go for this and more. some people would rather buy then build. if you wanna build you're gonna need more money then this.
Like I said, the car is very nice and I can tell you put a lot of hard work into it. I'm just being realistic here. Sure some people may pay $16k for an almost 20 year old Civic but that's a rarity. Not to mention, I would think a comparably built EG/EK or DC would have a better chance fetching that kind of money than an EF which doesn't have quite the same following as the aforementioned models.

Originally Posted by 90crxnoob
id rather pay for 16 g's for this then buy a brand new car, who cares if its 20 years old? its freakin sick glws
It's called being financially responsible. If you have $16k to blow then by all means go spend it on a 20 year old Civic. Most people would rather spend that kind of money on a newer, more recent car.

Some food for thought...let's say you paid $16k for a 20 year old Civic then it gets wrecked or stolen. What are you gonna do when the insurance company pays you book value for that 20 year old Civic and you get like $1000 back? Sure you have the option of insuring the Civic for all the mods on the car but my guess is that most people on this site don't.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Super clean, glws.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump for viewing.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice car, but really bro do you expect to get that much money for it? PM next year when its stil lfor sale to let me know.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

im not a huge EF fan, but wow this is beautiful. GLWS mang
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

This is true, this thing is worth every penny
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by per4mance
nice car, but really bro do you expect to get that much money for it? PM next year when its stil lfor sale to let me know.
what do i care if it sits for sale. still looking pretty sitting in garage all year around. dont hate! oh and OBO. that means or best offer. i know you're to stupid to know that so i had to tell ya.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Love your car man.
I first saw it last year when you were thinking about selling it.
It's on my list of top 20 all time favorite EF. Simple, Clean, fast, with not a lot of jdm bling.

Everyone has made great points so far. It's to no disrespect towards you or your car.

I'd just like to add that selling ANY civic/teg that fully moded (that is +10yrs old) for the price tag of +$12,000 your going to have stiff competion. As a fellow ef owner, I hate the thought of trying to justify my car over sk2, g35, evo, sti, EG/EK/DC K swapped cars.

To find any "seriouse buyers" for your car at your price is hard because:

a) if they wanted a 500+whp car that runs 10-11sec they might as well just buy a race shell therefore.... it would sell better if it was a well recoginized shop car or built by a well recognized person in the industry
b) or they know enough about cars (smart enough to know it cost more to build it than buy it) and try to find a deal on a weekend racer
c) Giving the current economics of the economy, it's hard to find people who have +$10K cash in hand just to buy a car, cause your not going to find someone willing to take it out of their retirement fund or a bank willing to finiance it.
d) Insurance wise, you'll never get your moneies worth regardless of how great of coverage you have on documented aftermarket parts. So it's better to just extreeeeeeemly careful when you drive (no reckless racing) and watch out for dumbass drivers.

Realistically, you put more than $20K into, and asking for $8k would sell it fast, $9K would be nice, but $10K is the middle ground where you start to get people thinking about 500whp daily driven EF beast vs. EK K20(220whp for $11-14K), used s2000, evo, sti, 350z, g35, built 240, ITR, DC5, (15K range) ect...

personally I'd rather see you keep it bud. I'm sure you'll find the right buyer someday, but don't settle for less than what you realistically think you can get for it. I know you didn't want our opinion but it can't be helped since this is honda-tech and your posting it on a form.

Mad props, GLWTS, best wishes on your next project.

Charlie Moua
Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what do i care if it sits for sale. still looking pretty sitting in garage all year around. dont hate! oh and OBO. that means or best offer. i know you're to stupid to know that so i had to tell ya.

F-yeah !
Sometime it's not all about the money. It's a priceless feeling everytime I see my ef in my garage as I come home from work. Even though I only drive it 2-3K miles per year I'd rather be able to see it daily and drive it when I want then sell it at a price I'm unhappy with.

Keep it man !
Old 08-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's the problem.

People do not have $16k cash laying around waiting to buy a built ED hatch that they could build themselves for around the same price, if not less.

You can not get a loan for the car.

The $16k price tag puts it into a category with a lot of competition (m3, ITR, c5 vette, s2000, evo, sti, wrx, etc).

You're best bet is to part it out and make back what you can. I dont think even then you would get near $16k for all the parts all said and done.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bumpppppppppp car iss freshhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Saw this car At the east coast Honda meet cars fresh but there's a small amount of rust coming through the back quarter panel... Doubt you will get 16k maybe 10k if your lucky, people are broke now adays.. I've been trying to sell my fully built sleeved and boosted eg for a while now but the recession is killin us... Nevertheless this car is THE nicest ef I've ever seen glws
Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I need a fresh pair of shorts.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats what the OBO is for people. so stop talking stupid.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Accident Prone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what the OBO is for people. so stop talking stupid.
No disrepect here but since you asked $16,000, people are thinking if they offer $10k, you'll call them a low baller and not take it. They probably think you're looking for a $14-$16k range even if you really will take the best reasonable offer. My $.02.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Just a n00b
No disrepect here but since you asked $16,000, people are thinking if they offer $10k, you'll call them a low baller and not take it. They probably think you're looking for a $14-$16k range even if you really will take the best reasonable offer. My $.02.
Bingo...
it's one thing to post high and work your way down but it's another to post mid point selling price and indicate OBO.

If your getting out of the scene for good (doubt it....hehe) the lets get this bad boy sold.... BUMP.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, I feel your pain. I have $17k into my SR Datsun and I have it for sale for 12K. That's about 1/3 off of what I put into it. I have received one cash offer for 7k and I laughed my *** all the way off my computer into my car and took it for a drive to remind myself why I shouldn't sell it. I get ridiculous trade offers which I'm sure you're getting as well. People are right, it's the economy. Last year my car wasn't even running yet and people wanted to buy it all day for 10k (you can check at SR20forums). Me personally I love EF's, they are my favorite Honda. I would say your best bet is to try and get some kind of trade for equal value and sell the trade you get. All in all BUMP for a super sick auto.

Quick Reply: PA Boosted Ef 91 hatch $16k.