Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

PA 99 Civic Hatchback // OEM CTR // 5 Lug ITR // AC/PS - B16B / LSD

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 07:05 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 99 Civic Hatchback // OEM CTR // 5 Lug ITR // AC/PS - B16B / LSD

Originally Posted by dak360
I disagree. Its obvious he is in no rush to sell. This plays a roll in the sale. When you own a car that most people dont have and with parts most people want the advantage is to the seller. If your like me I definitely dont want some random mechanic who probably knows nothing about hondas touch the car. Just my 2 cents
Its an economy car. Its not an exotic. 3rd party inspections dont involve tearing the car apart and putting it back together. They just do thorough inspections of all safety components and check for things like body/frame damage and other mechanical issues. They then give a report to the buyer saying the car is good or not with a list of any potential issues.

Makes no sense not to allow one especially if the seller is not paying for it unless something was being hidden. The third party WILL likely find any issues.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Carry on folks. Thanks for the bumps
Old 12-16-2018, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Unsubscribed after that comment...

- DM
Old 12-17-2018, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys please refrain from cluttering this thread... not tooting my own horn but I think we can all see this isnt your typical craigslist car. Theres nothing to hide and anyone is welcome to meet me at my Honda dealer and have any Tech put the car in the air for you. Thanks, hope everyone has a good christmas
Old 12-18-2018, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dak360
If someone really wants it they will make time to go see it. Its really the best way to go about it.
Trust me everyone. My brother and I had tried to legit go see the car for months. Offering one of his original asking prices of 9500. This car has been posted on multiple platforms and multiple different times. The guy ended up getting upset over the fact I offered to buy an Integra(SSBP previously listed on H-T) he was also interested in. The story behind that is that he said if he buys the Integra, he will sell his car to me. After the guy with the Integra contacted me asking if I wanted to buy his car(because I was previously interested in it, but backed off to allow this guy to buy it, so I could buy his Civic) I knew it was in fact Shaun Cook(the owner of the Civic) who was delaying the whole transaction and backing out of it all. Shaun in turn got upset, stopped responding to me because I chose to pursue the car that was truly available and for sale. Later on in a FB post and Private messages, he attacked both my brother and I with racial slurs etc because my brother stated that we have tried multiple times to purchase and that he wasn't serious about selling the car we have attempted to go LOOK AT and PURCHASE at the highest bid, MULTIPLE TIMES. So before you guys start defending a cause, be sure to understand both sides.

Shaun "refuses" to sell the car to my brother or myself(And trust us, we don't want it anymore because he is just strange). Its a nice looking car, at no point did I deny that. I attempted to buy it multiple times to no avail. Just to have him get upset about a situation he wanted to all rely on his decision. It's silly that this thread is even still open, because there are people attempting to buy it and he still has NOT. So is the car really for sale? He says it is, but the proof is in the pudding they say. lol

This isn't a post to bash, but to be aware and understand its not only these few guys he is ducking and dodging. And he keeps saying "Im not trying to toot my own horn" yet he brags about his history in the "Honda game" and "All my other cars" and "You want it but are never going to own it". Its just childish and figured I'd let you guys know. When he is ready to sell, he will sell, but from many guys experience on this platform and others. He isn't serious.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SL0-hatch
Trust me everyone. My brother and I had tried to legit go see the car for months. Offering one of his original asking prices of 9500. This car has been posted on multiple platforms and multiple different times. The guy ended up getting upset over the fact I offered to buy an Integra(SSBP previously listed on H-T) he was also interested in. The story behind that is that he said if he buys the Integra, he will sell his car to me. After the guy with the Integra contacted me asking if I wanted to buy his car(because I was previously interested in it, but backed off to allow this guy to buy it, so I could buy his Civic) I knew it was in fact Shaun Cook(the owner of the Civic) who was delaying the whole transaction and backing out of it all. Shaun in turn got upset, stopped responding to me because I chose to pursue the car that was truly available and for sale. Later on in a FB post and Private messages, he attacked both my brother and I with racial slurs etc because my brother stated that we have tried multiple times to purchase and that he wasn't serious about selling the car we have attempted to go LOOK AT and PURCHASE at the highest bid, MULTIPLE TIMES. So before you guys start defending a cause, be sure to understand both sides.

Shaun "refuses" to sell the car to my brother or myself(And trust us, we don't want it anymore because he is just strange). Its a nice looking car, at no point did I deny that. I attempted to buy it multiple times to no avail. Just to have him get upset about a situation he wanted to all rely on his decision. It's silly that this thread is even still open, because there are people attempting to buy it and he still has NOT. So is the car really for sale? He says it is, but the proof is in the pudding they say. lol

This isn't a post to bash, but to be aware and understand its not only these few guys he is ducking and dodging. And he keeps saying "Im not trying to toot my own horn" yet he brags about his history in the "Honda game" and "All my other cars" and "You want it but are never going to own it". Its just childish and figured I'd let you guys know. When he is ready to sell, he will sell, but from many guys experience on this platform and others. He isn't serious.

This guy is a complete idiot. From day one he never knew what “testing waters” meant. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to sell, after dealing with this clown I chose not to sell the car to him. Rest assure anyone who comes with cash can take the car.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the seller is looking at this the wrong way. Assuming he is a serious seller, he would want a serious buyer. Someone willing to pay for a 3rd party inspection should be welcomed. I'd actually look at it as an investment really - you take some time outta your schedule, get the inspection done. If that person buys great. If he doesn't, you now at least have an inspection report in your hand that you can use for other potential buyers to review (and it sounds like you're confident there are no issues with the car anyways).

If you have the time to build the car, you have the time to take it to an inspection. You aren't Elon Musk trying to meet Model 3 deadlines and doing 60 minute interviews. You work 40 hours/week just like the rest of us. I'm sure you can take a few hours off to handle business. You don't want to do that? Your right to do so but it shows you definitely aren't serious about selling - you're just testing waters. Or you may be hiding something with the car.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First off, great looking car. I think this is a fine example of a replica CTR.

Secondly, its the sellers prerogative to choose who he sells his car to and what he wants to deal with. If he wants to be a so called pain, so be it. If you have a problem with it, move on. You want to invest so much energy into giving this guy sh*t you have too much time on your hands.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LudeAEM
First off, great looking car. I think this is a fine example of a replica CTR.

Secondly, its the sellers prerogative to choose who he sells his car to and what he wants to deal with. If he wants to be a so called pain, so be it. If you have a problem with it, move on. You want to invest so much energy into giving this guy sh*t you have too much time on your hands.
It's also the seller's choice to post on an online forum, which will invite responses from others. Don't like others' opinions? Post it on Craigslist. Easy. Done. Not sure why it's surprising for some to question the unwillingness to have an inspection done on the car.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:29 AM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rico91stang
Its an economy car. Its not an exotic. 3rd party inspections dont involve tearing the car apart and putting it back together. They just do thorough inspections of all safety components and check for things like body/frame damage and other mechanical issues. They then give a report to the buyer saying the car is good or not with a list of any potential issues.

Makes no sense not to allow one especially if the seller is not paying for it unless something was being hidden. The third party WILL likely find any issues.
I've dealt with private car inspectors once or twice and they're a joke. I agree with the seller if you're serious come check it out yourself.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What if someone doesn't feel comfortable assessing the vehicle's condition or status themselves? It's absolutely reasonable to request a mechanic take a look at it. I'm not sure why there is push back on this. Honestly for me, if someone is willing to pay for an inspection it shows to me they are actually serious as a buyer. I'd welcome it.

And again it's absolutely reasonable for the seller to refuse. But why limit your buyer pool?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As stated I work at Honda. Anyone is more than welcome to come here and choose anyone of our Techs to put the car on the lift and inspect it for you. Im not refusing to let someone check it out... Im refusing to take time out of my day to take the car to a fly by night shop when I work at a dealership.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace
I've dealt with private car inspectors once or twice and they're a joke. I agree with the seller if you're serious come check it out yourself.
This ^
Old 12-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93grayeg
This ^
pm’d
Old 12-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts

OP, charge the potential buyer a $500 non-refundable deposit to take the car to an independent mechanic at the buyers expense... this insures that they are serious and your time is not wasted. Agree to apply the deposit toward the purchase price IF they buy the car.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Who's got something clean to trade? Im bored
Old 12-22-2018, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
OP, charge the potential buyer a $500 non-refundable deposit to take the car to an independent mechanic at the buyers expense... this insures that they are serious and your time is not wasted. Agree to apply the deposit toward the purchase price IF they buy the car.
This would work.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
i woukd never give someone 5% of the asking price of a car just for the right to pay someone to inspect it, nor would anyone else. You’d be out $700 before you even know if you want the car. That’s just silly.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Instead off all this talking im curious when someone is actually going to come with the money
Old 12-22-2018, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93grayeg
Instead off all this talking im curious when someone is actually going to come with the money
it’s a nice car, just a tough time of year to sell. Honda enthusiasts don’t typically have $10k laying around.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:14 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

Yeah wait 3 months when they start getting that fat tax return from claiming 0 and having 2 kids
Old 12-22-2018, 09:21 AM
White Trash Wish Cash

I should have Brice or Skelly buy this for me and I’ll come pick it up in the spring
Old 12-22-2018, 10:47 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Bet you won’t
Old 12-23-2018, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

way too much bro. if the chassis is legit under 60k miles, may be considerable. but way too many miles. its just a DX hatch with a CTR engine with a rear disc conversion. if it was kswapped, it'd be considerable.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:14 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

‘Just a dx hatch’ lollin

Quick Reply: PA 99 Civic Hatchback // OEM CTR // 5 Lug ITR // AC/PS - B16B / LSD