Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

NY 2006 Mitsubishi Evo 9 77k miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2006 Mitsubishi Evo 9 77k miles

I have been fighting with myself for a month trying to decide if i should even list this car for sale. I have owned 20 cars, and this has been by far my absolute favorite. I do not NEED to sell this car, but lately I've been thinking its a little silly owning 3 cars...

I bought my evo in 2010 when I got my first job out of college, the car had ~45k miles on it and was purchased from original owner. The original owner bought the car from Brad Benson Huyndai in NJ with 54 miles on the odometer.

I bought the car with full intention of get into HPDE and track events. For the first two years I owned the car, it was a warm weather daily driver (about April-November) as I had another car that I drove for the winter. In 2012 I did my first track day, was hooked, and the car slowly got driven on the street less and less to the point that for the last two years the car lived in a climate controlled garage when it wasnt being trailered to/from the track. Overall the car has been used in 24 HPDE track days. I have a spreadsheet log of not only all track days and track mileage, but general maintenance as well.

In 2011 while I was still daily driving the car, I was involved in a small low speed collision. While pulling out os a gas station another driver was texting and not paying attention and hit the drivers front left corner under 25mph. This led to the replacement of the drivers side fender, drivers side headlight, and the ACD pump. The repairs were completed by a Mitsubishi dealership utilizing all OEM parts. I do have paperwork for the repairs.

I currently live in Rhode Island and the car is living in my garage with some occasional driving on nice days. My parents live in New York (zipcode 10940), and I am down there often, so with some planning the car can be seen in NY as well as RI.

Price
The car can be purchased in the from of a few packages with varying prices, determined by how many of the track oriented parts you'd like (read further for description of all parts.

$26,000 - Car, all OEM parts, ALL track parts, 3 sets of wheels and tires
$25,000 - Car, all OEM parts, track parts minus the kognition wing, 3 sets of wheels/tires
$24,500 - Car, all OEM parts, 3 sets of wheels/tires
$24,000 - Car and all OEM parts

Prices are "or best reasonable offer". I reserve the right to ignore your lowball. There will be no test drives by the buyer until a price has been agreed on and you have a bank check or cash in hand in front of me, without that the best you will get is a test RIDE

onto the good stuff...

INTERIOR - 8/10 A lot of the interior parts have spent the last 3 or so years stored in my parents climate controlled basement as the car was in "track mode". There are is nothing that in my opinion is above normal wear and tear for a car of of it's age.

Exterior - 7/10 The car has normal wear and tear at minimum. There are a few small blemishes from track debris, but not big nicks or chips of paint etc. I have spent some time going over the whole car working to remove any rubber streaks etc, and a good buff from a detailer would make this car a 9. There is some slight spidering of the clear coat on teh side skirts near the front jack points due to a tire shop not listening and trying to lift the car without blocks of wood on the lift arms. There is an approximately 2 inch wide blemish on the rear bumper where the paint randomly bubbled and chipped off (see rear pic below)

Engine/turbo/exhaust:
Original engine/head/turbo, valve cover has been off maybe twice, just under 77k miles
stock turbo (never removed or swapped out)
Kiggly HLA
Sparktech COP ignition
Grimmspeed 3 port EBC
Perrin Intake
MAP o2 housing (swaintech coated)
Megan downpipe
Berk High flow cat (also have a megan resonated test pipe)
COBB catback
ARC titanium manifold heat shield
MIL.SPEC throttle body seals
ETS 3.5" FMIC
ETS Lower intercooler pipe
ETS stock route upper intercooler pipe
Saikou Michi dual catch can
FIC 1050sp injectors
DW300 Fuel pump

Engine has been run on Amsoil 10w40 High Zinc since I purchased it, fresh oil was used for every track day. I have multiple UOA's that can demonstrate the health of the engine.

E85 street tune = 385whp
E85 track tune = 320whp

Also have pump gas tunes but have not run them in quite awhile, so I cannot recall the power numbers. I run a lower than stock rev limit on all my tunes.

Drivetrain:
Competition Clutch stage 2 carbon/kevlar (sprung, version that english racing helped revise)
Exedy Lightweight flywheel (keeps mass on outside unlike others to aid driveability)
ACT monolock
Clutch fork stop
stainless clutch line
Jacks stage 1 transmission (5th gear got crunchy in the original)
Buschur Aluminum Rear diff mounts with poly inserts
Torque solutions roll stopper
Torque Solutions Passenger side engine mount
Torque Solutions Transmission side mount (not installed, NIB)
Torque solutions Prop shaft bushings

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels and tires:
Ohlins R/T coilovers - 10k swift front springs 10k hyperco rears
Whiteline front sway bar
Whiteline Adjustable rear swaybar
Evo X front lower control arms (referred to as FLCA for the rest of the list)
SuperPro front FLCA bushing
SuperPro Duroball offset FLCA rear bushing
Whiteline RCK w/ custom extended tie rod ends
Racing Brake Stainless brake lines
OEM Front calipers w/ Racing Brake stainless pistons and high temp seals
Various brake pads - Hawk DTC60's, Giro Disc Magics, Stoptech streets
I have always used ATE Super Blue/Type 200 brake fluid
The rear quarter panels are rolled.
17x9.5 +38 Enkei RPF1 w/ 255/40/17 Dunlop Direzza z2's
OEM Evo 8 Enkei's with pretty work all seasons (use these for winter storage and moving around)

Interior:
Autopower Race rollbar with 1/4" floor reinforcement plates (not even the carpet was cut during install, so everything can go back to stock)
Binary Seat lowering bracket (Drivers side)
ATI steering wheel gauge pod
Gruppe-S triple gauge pod
OEM radio relocation
Kenwood CDE-143BT USB/bluetooth headunit
AEM UEGO wideband w/ serial cable for logging
ProSport Halo boost/oil pressure/oil temp gauges
The trunk has been dynamatted from my days of daily driving

Exterior:
35% tint
OEM window visors
Carbon/Kevlar bumper exhaust sheild
OEM gurney flap from the anti-lift package
S2000 antennae
Rexspeed Vortex generator
Toxic Fab bumper quick release
-There are two extra holes in the trunk from mounting the kognition wing. The holes have been painted with OEM touch up paint and covered with small pieces of silver vinyl sticker

Track Parts:
Kognition 68" carbon wing
Custom built 5 inch alumalite front splitter
STM lightweight front bumper beam
Buddy Club wide seat
Buddy club drivers and passengers seat rails
Schroth Profi II ASM harness (silver)
17x9 Team dynamics pro race wheels with 255/40/17 Maxxis RC1's

Apologies for the dirty interior, I have been in the process of cleaning/detailling the car

Old 05-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2006 Mitsubishi Evo 9 77k miles

I will take a new sign picture for this forum.

Heres is a picture from Gridlfe round 1 at mid ohio in april. The car is currently sitting in storage and not really being driven.

I am open to interesting trades (to be honest I'm really just after a legally imported r32 skyline or other interesting jdm import)
Old 05-30-2017, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glws ! Very nice evo , I miss mine
Old 06-02-2017, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 06-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member