Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

WI 1997 jdm type r DB8 FS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 jdm type r DB8 FS

1997 Honda Integra Type R (DB8) imported from Japan jdm vin db8-1100823 $20,000

I will personally deliver/transport the car to the new owner at no charge within the United States excluding Alaska and Hawaii.

Ultra-rare unicorn of true collector quality. This is one of only a handful of possible known 4 door DB8 ITRs in the entire United States. With even fewer of them having actual titles as this one does. An unmolested specimen. Real deal right hand drive car, NOT a conversion. The jdm DB8 is the rarest of the jdm type R’s with only 5,135 being produced. Compared to the 24,860 jdm DCs

What makes this car even more unique is the fact that this vehicle is registered for street use, and insured in Wisconsin. Not just a Florida title, which a lot of jdm cars come over with, and are sometimes not legit. The title states the cars actual vin no extra digits, it is also clean and in my name. The car has been titled in multiple states with no issue. I guarantee there will be no issues with registering and insuring the vehicle. I will assist whoever purchase the vehicle with both.

This is considered to be a 96-97 spec, which came from the factory with 4 lug (4x114.3) as opposed to the 98 spec, which had 5 lug (5x114.3). Also with the 96-97 spec they are the lightest and most performance orient of the type R’s. With the closer ratio gear boxes and with the 96-97 specs being roughly 100 lbs. lighter

The car very original, clean, and in excellent condition. The only modifications are mild and tasteful:

Real Mugen Twin Loop Muffler
Tein Flex 16 way fully adjustable coilover suspension.

Has stainless steel brake lines. Also has OEM Honda Access rain guards as well as OEM mudflaps. OEM rear strut tower bar and Honda Integra Type Rx pedals. It also has a custom dash guard made and installed to protect the flawless dash from the sun.

Upgraded sound system sounds very clear, crisp, and clean. I recently upgraded to a Kenwood deck with Bluetooth. Already in place was a 12” Kenwood Excelon subwoofer, 5 channel amp, and upgraded Phoenix Gold front and rear component speakers and tweeters with separate crossover.

Everything else is all original including B18C motor, LSD transmission, Black Recaro interior, MoMo steering wheel, titanium shift ****, power folding mirrors, front and rear sway bars, ultra-lightweight wheels…everything.

The car has no rust or mechanical issues. The engine idles and accelerates nicely and transmission shifts perfectly with no grinds. Car runs and drives excellent. Everything works as it should including the heat and A/C.

Recent maintenance includes timing belt, water pump, thermostat, tensioner, valve cover seal, cam seals, accessory belts all changed recently along with new oem Honda axles.

Issues- as i want to be 100% upfront with anyone interested in the car:
At some point in its history while in japan this vehicle was involved in an accident and was repaired while in Japan. The right rear and front right was impacted. The vehicle was inspected by an Acura dealership in Florida subsequent to arrival and was found to be excellent driving and mechanical condition.
The original US owner had the vehicle resprayed in its original color, (championship white, code: NH-0). There are a few minor issues with the paint. Such as minor rock chips primarily on the front bumper and lower lip spoiler. There are also two small dings on the driver’s side fender and some very small dings on each rear door which are difficult to capture in pictures. The shop did not want to remove the glass for fear of breaking it so there is a small amount of over spray on the rear window trim. So the glass is still original. Also the driver side floor mat is a little torn located near where the hole is. Very minor issues for a 20 year old car.

I possess extensive knowledge about this vehicle and can provide more information upon request. Vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition with no known issues whatsoever. Any questions or if you would like any more information feel free to contact me 715-301-3836 call/txt
Attached Images          
Old 07-24-2017, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1997 jdm type r DB8 FS

bump
Old 07-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 07-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also to open to trades
Old 07-27-2017, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by craio
also to open to trades
Surprised someone stupid out there didn't purchase this for your asking price of 25,000$ on EBay. I just have a few questions. This car was in a front and side accident, re-sprayed in fair/okay condition, now 20,000$? You mention the Florida titles. What do you mean about imports that come with "Florida titles"? Once it's in your state and registered, then the title arrives with YOUR information, state, etc, what does it matter what state the valid title came from? I didn't get that comment at all. This car IS illegal with a title or not. We all know this. There is ONE legitimate non 25 year rule Honda in this country. A DC5R. I have and know many people with JDM cars. Whether we want to admit it or not, if it's not 25 years, its illegal, 100%. Not everyone has the money that was spent to make that DC5R "LEGAL"

I find DB8 TypeR's in Japan identical to this car for $4,000-$5,000, around 6500$ shipped and "titled" here because of the condition grade and accident history. Yes titling involves knowing people, knowing the system, and forging documents. Let's be real and cut the BS.

Seriously appreciate your honesty, but for $20,000? I can't wait to see the Hondatech bullies comment on this ad. I am all for flipping and making huge profit. I guess I should ask $50,000 for my low production number 1995 DB8 TypeR. Sorry for my rant I'm falling asleep. Just extremely confused on this price. These cars are no where near low mileage USDM Integra R's. Not yet at least.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just as surprised as you. So far your the only one and it's been a few days
Old 07-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump

I talk a lot. I forgot to ask, why does the car have an SRS sticker on the underside of the bonnet (hood) on a non abs 95-97 TypeR?
Old 07-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just as surprised as you. So far your the only one and it's been a few days

If the price was better, I'd love to purchase this for a daily beater. My favorite JDM Honda
Old 07-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Allday07
I talk a lot. I forgot to ask, why does the car have an SRS sticker on the underside of the bonnet (hood) on a non abs 95-97 TypeR?
This is honestly a very good question. I don't have an answer to that or why it's there for a car that has 0 srs parts except seat belts. I haven't seen another one to compare it to. If you do ever sell yours i hope you list for for close to 50 that way mine doesn't seem so bad
Old 07-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is honestly a very good question. I don't have an answer to that or why it's there for a car that has 0 srs parts except seat belts. I haven't seen another one to compare it to. If you do ever sell yours i hope you list for for close to 50 that way mine doesn't seem so bad

Im guessing whoever did the body work just used a hood from 98+ spec type r that came SRS.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Allday07
Im guessing whoever did the body work just used a hood from 98+ spec type r that came SRS.
ah yes. I was going to say it's in Japanese so must of been when it was repaired over there.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itr 00 0108
Thats the problem with the Honda scene today. Dummies are overpaying for a completely outdated and underpowered Honda. I could name numerous cars that cost 20k and would walk all over this thing. But oooooohhhhhh Type RRRRRR
I agree, somewhat. Yes, we all know numerous cars that would "walk all over this thing", but a DC2/DB8 TypeR is a very impressive machine from the 90's. I have a C5 Z06, which people say is the best bang for the buck, but it's in a complete different class. This car pristine perfect grade from Japan is worth the money, especially once they are "legal" prices are going to SHOOT up. Look at CRX SiR's, EF9 Sir's... We used to import them before the 25 year rule, mint grade for around 6,000USD plus titling, tax etc. Now in a mint grade, they are 12-13000USD before anything leaves Japan. The Japanese are not stupid. DEMAND IS HIGH.

What about the muscle cars of years ago, Brand new $2-5,000, today some selling for easy $100,000 plus, some towards a mill+. Depending on rarity, production numbers, original, what options it has, full resto blah blah. No one can predict the future, but look how the value of most Domestic cars skyrocketed. Maybe its our time to shine with the "Import scene"? I love money so hopefully it keeps this value for these little cars on the rise

Damn, Honda-Tech readers are getting some education in this thread. Love you all
Old 07-28-2017, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ah yes. I was going to say it's in Japanese so must of been when it was repaired over there.

Yes, that hood sticker is from an SRS Integra Type R. I would love to speak with you if this car doesn't sell and you are flexible on the price. I would enjoy this added to the collection and used as a beat around daily driver/my train car

Best of luck, ill keep in touch
Old 07-28-2017, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess it's really just personal preferences. I would never pay 10 or 20k for a 90s Honda. Not knocking it. Just saying.

So a 1992 NSXR that's nearly impossible to find, is well over 100,000USD, or maybe a base 90's NSX for half, you wouldn't purchase if the funds were readily available? That's a Honda
Old 07-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nooooo. If you haven't caught on, I'm not enamored with hondas. I've built many. I had an 04 accord as a daily. That's the extent of it. I'm not going to spend a ton of cash on a fwd econobox beyond having one as a daily anymore.
Enamored? That is too eclectic for my English.

I wouldn't catch on to anything just by reading your posts. You "Built"? with clay moldings? or the typical swap, paint, stickers, wheels, suspension, etc meaning "built"? I am bored at work, so I'm just busting *****, its all love

How is a ITR/CTR/ any TypeR for that matter, an "econobox"? I love to learn, enlighten me.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i built. Sleeved block. Turbo. Coilovers. Traction bars.

Zero stickers. Zero outside modifications or anything other than stock rims. None of the bullshit. All my money went under the hood. (Painted intercooler black too)

Econobox - 4 cylinder with no torque. Ctr is a bit better now but still fwd. hardly a performance platform.

I feel like we are shitting on this dudes for sale thread. So I shall cease.

I love that shady black look. Awesome stuff man

Too much technology in the new CTR that it lost its, uh, DRIVERS CAR feel I guess? I'm a purist, and old so I love old school cars that make you go "wow" after a spirited drive or a few laps around a track.

Nah, this seller is cool as $hit. We are basically making his thread stay up top!

BUMP!