Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

FL 1987 Honda CRX HF 156K mi. $2,500.00

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Honda CRX HF 156K mi. $2,500.00

1987 Honda Civic CRX HF in beautiful condition. This car is completely stock other than the head unit. Totally unmolested and in amazing condition for a 30 year old vehicle (yes, I have the stock wheels and tires as well). Within the past few months, the car has been almost completely gone through to include, but not limited to:

*New Enkei J-Speed 15x7 Wheels with 195/50R15 Yokohama Tires and custom 8 spline lug nuts (less than 50 miles on the set/you can still see the sticker marks).
*New Clutch
*New CV axles
*New Master Cylinder, Brake Booster and Brake Pads.
*New Battery
*Oil Change/Filter less than 20 mi. ago
*Transmission Oil Change (Gear Oil, but the CRX uses 10W30) less than 20 mi. ago
*Valve-Lash adjusted/set (purrs like a kitten)
*Completely new Ignition:
*NGK Spark Plugs (as per stock specs)
*New Spark Plug (and Coil) Wires
*New Distributor Cap
*New Distributor O-Ring/Gasket
*New Rotor
*New Coil

*There's much more, I'm sure. But that should cover what most of you want to know about the new parts/maintenance.

So, here's the bad (not really bad, just what's left to be done depending on your plans). Mechanically, the carburetor needs rebuilding, it still runs great (really great), just hesitates a bit when driving(I have the rebuild kit to go with the car). Also, I over-tightened the A/C belt and snapped it. I used that opportunity to fully evacuate the system (of refrigerant), remove the old quick-connects and purchase new ones. I'm an A/C mechanic and the carburetor and A/C were the last 2 jobs I had left. I have both the fittings for the A/C system as well as a new Wells carburetor rebuild kit. I just bought a new house and no longer have my garage set up for this last days' worth of repairs. Additionally, the front fenders have a few thin cracks in them (they're made of plastic, and cheap to fix/replace). There are a few rust spots/bubbles. It also needs an interior windshield wiper arm ($45 online), you may be able to fix the original, I just haven't tried yet. I'm intentionally trying to nit-pick, so there are no surprises and you know that you're buying a quality car. I've included these flaws (and all others) in the pictures. The car is amazing!

Whether you intend on using this car as designed for getting 55+ MPG, or turning it into a 1700lb. monster with a B16 (or whatever else you have cooking up in your brain), I can assure you, you wont find a better candidate than this car. It was being cared for as a personal car with great attention to detail and I rarely sell items online. This is not some crusty flip car. Thanks for looking and be sure to let me know if you have ANY questions.

I almost forgot... I have most receipts for the purchases/upgrades that have been done (Wheels and Tires alone were over $1000.00). I also have the original stereo manual as well as the Haynes automotive maintenance and Air Conditioning manuals.

$2,500.00

Jason
(850) 525-1293
jprice8288@gmail.com

Right side (Oh yeah, Windows have been tinted).
Left side (Notice there are no dents, missing pieces, or junky bits on the car).
No scrapes, scratches, or anything else.
All stock badging and correct colors on spoiler.
Inside is very clean! One tear in drivers side bolster. This car was NOT cleaned for pictures. This is it's natural state.
And the other side... Looks like the passenger seat could use a little steam clean.
Inside the rear hatch. I have the spare tire (good condition), jack, etc.
156,000 mi.
All original. No cracks or blemishes on the dash.
Engine bay. Green tag shows it was converted to R-134A for those of you interested in buttoning-up the A/C (Makes life much easier).
One of the original Wheels and tires. The are in Great shape and the tire tread/tire condition is awesome. You could have a summer and winter set...
One of the small rust spots (bubble).
Original air cleaner in perfect condition(I had it off because I was adjusting the idle that day).
Here's the cover for the turn indicator/windshield wiper arm.
LOTS OF RECEIPTS!!!
And the required Honda-Tech.com sign with my username and the date...

$2,500.00