Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

type r lsd trans shakes under load

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts
Default type r lsd trans shakes under load

got a lsd type r trans, under load in 3rd-5th gear the car shakes, started happening after i had in a 6 puc clutch that chattered. I have since swapped axles, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, engine, and all bearings in the trans EXCEPT the diff main bearings. they are not tapered they are sealed. Could these be the culprit of the load only shake? at 65mph with no load the car cruises just fine. with the d series i had in it prior to the swap it was smooth as silk, making me thing it is not the car itself. I broke the gsr i had in it and now went ls-vtec, and still the shake was there. I traded my friend axles and still a shake, then flywheel and clutch and P.P. still shook, then i pulled the trans and swapped out all bearings i could except the main diff bearings. could this be the problem? or is the stock lsd showin me its gicing up the ghost?

if this is the case synchro tech ill be calling you to order some new bearings, the h2b is waitng on this trans to be right....
Old 07-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: type r lsd trans shakes under load

I was told by my tuner that worn differential bearings could be a cause for vibration under acceleration.

I've tried several different axle combos on my car and could only REDUCE the shutter with new DSS axles, but not eliminate it all together. Like you, I've replaced everything else, but I don't have an LSD, so I've got to assume my problem is a worn diff bearing.