Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

honda s2k Clutch master / Slave Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda s2k Clutch master / Slave Cylinder

Hey everyone, Im having a similar problem!
I bought a 2000 S2k and the guy selling it to me let me know the Clutch Master had a leak and had to be replaced he gave me the part but, I kept refilling the cylinder to drive to school and back (less than 3 miles) and one day driving back I would give it gas but it would no longer move. Previous days as long as I kept the rpms low the car would move no problem UNTIL it wouldnt go any longer

I replaced the CMC, bled the line but still nothing. Car wont grab on to the clutch... The clutch was replaced 20k miles ago and when driving it, it never grinded or smelled of burnt clutch so i doubt its that...

My last guess is that its the slave that needs to be replaced

please some one help! I just ordered the slave
Old 05-23-2017, 09:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: honda s2k Clutch master / Slave Cylinder

it's possible and it's a fairly cheap part, I would just replace it, it can really only be that or there is an air bubble in the system, autozone offers a limited lifetime on theirs, no issues when I've used em
Old 05-29-2017, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by holmesnmanny
it's possible and it's a fairly cheap part, I would just replace it, it can really only be that or there is an air bubble in the system, autozone offers a limited lifetime on theirs, no issues when I've used em

I ended up swapping both the CMC and the slave and gravity bled. I had trouble with the slave and could not properly get it to fit so out of frustration i decided to try it with only one bolt on, I dropped the car and she went into gear but could not fully engage at higher RPMS (did not drive far max 100ft) I waited for my pops to get home and we were able to put it on properly but when we dropped the car this time it did not want to go into gear at all, so we are assuming that we need to replace the clutch. Anyone know any suggestions on a clutch?? Im a student so im kindve strapped for cash atm
Old 05-29-2017, 12:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exedy is the best, when you pull the tranny take a good look at the fork to be sure it's not bent