Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

HELP Base RSX won't shift into GEAR!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Base RSX won't shift into GEAR!!! HELP

MY **** IS ****ED - help please I've searched and can't find definite, possible answers

This **** came out of nowhere. I have a base rsx, only 74k miles on the car. Last Wednesday I was driving from work and all of the sudden it became hard to shift into gear, but it still went in. Then kind of went away, then showed up again the next day, hard to shift, sometimes can't get it in at all, then after a bit it began shifting again, but with difficulty.

Tonight, saturday night, I went out driving, was shifting perfect, then after a while on the highway it began shifting very tough again, I just left it in fourth. When I got off the highway, at the light I couldn't get it into first at all, couldn't go into any gear. I mean I try to push it in very hard and when i try to put it into first the car tries to move forward almost very lightly, with no gas. So I turned my car off cus I read online someone had the same problem and it was the same thing: shifts when car is cold, then after a bit of driving heats up and starts ****ing up. So then I got into gear when the light was green again. This **** kept happening and I got stuck at every tollway pay stop, and then left starting in first and grinding my way up all the way back home. When I got into my parking lot and put it into reverse the car started driving in reverse by itself just from me letting out the clutch.

CLIFFS: 74k miles on base RSX, started being hard to put into gear, within few days completely ****ed, can't put into gear at all. Got home turning off my car, starting in first and grinding my way up. Car shifts fine when cold; after a bit of driving can't get it into gear.

Icing on the cake: when jammed it into reverse and let out clutch with no gas, car just took off.

WHAT COULD THIS BE PLEASE HELP!!!!???
Old 06-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP Base RSX won't shift into GEAR!!! HELP

might be ur clutch master cylinder or slave but first check the clutch matster cylinder, 3rd is ur sycro are bad. does it grind only on 1 gear?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:59 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: HELP Base RSX won't shift into GEAR!!! HELP

Sounds like a clutch spring to me.........I know B's like to spit them out every 60-75k miles.