Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

Gsr trans/clutch problem -- Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gsr trans/clutch problem -- Please Help

I got my car put back together and have a interesting problem that I've never had before. It is a complete GSR with GSR tranny, ACT heavy duty pressure plate, unsprung 6-puck disc, BRAND NEW clutch fork, Brand new throwout bearing and pilot bearing, Brand new clutch fork spring, and brand new clutch line and clutch slave. Here is a run down on the problem....

Problem 1 - When car is in neutral (i.e. off clutch and car in neutral) the car will roll back on a light incline, etc. When I have the clutch in and car in gear (still not engaged and with clutch depressed completely) the car will stop itself from rolling and not move. If I put the car back in neutral the car will roll again. There is an obvious drag somewhere that caused the car to to slow itself to a stop while the clutch is in and in gear.

Problem 2 - Usually hard to get into gears (mainly 1st) when at a complete stop. When driving it shifts like butta, and occasionally will go through all gears at a stop light.

Problem 3 - Apparent drag when accelerating out of 1st. Hard to explain, but feels like car is holding back until the car gets movin

I have bled the system plenty of times, and replaced everything except the Clutch Master Cylinder. Please help shed some light on the situation, I'm out of money after putting this car together. I'm just trying to find out if I should try a different clutch, or if its a needle bearing or internal tranny issue, or if it sounds like a Clutch MC. BTW, if I hold the car in gear with the clutch down, the car will not stall or jerk so the cmc seems ok, unless there is a way that it will not depress the pressure plate enough or something. Thanks.

Brandon
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just replaced the clutch master cylinder and still have the problem