Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

Car goes into gear without using clutch... pls help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car goes into gear without using clutch... pls help

O, so Ihave a 95 civic with a gsr swap.Comp utch. But theother day i was driving and all of a sudden my clutch pedal stayed on the floor, so i pulled it back up with my foot and put it back into 5th gear. but it made a strange noise while hifting. I went to my friends house, bled my slave cylinder. that helped a little bit, but it smelt wierd and still made a odd noise, not a grind but a squel. and slight smoke was coming from what looked like between the block and tranny. it was real hard to get into gear, then i couldnt besides reverse... i finlaay got it to go into gear, then it felt normal again, till i went to go from 2nd to 3rd, and all of a sudden nothing. it still fealt like i had a clutch but as my car was running i could go through 1-reverse without pushing my clutch pedal in at all. then me and my grandpa were bleeding my slave cylinder once more just to make sure, then it let out a lot of fluid and now i have no hydraulic pressure, no pedal at all. I could still start the car in gear without it even budging at all... Any advise or solutions would be greatly appreciated. seeing as to i dont want to spend 300$ on a new comp clutch kit.

note- it never once slipped, grinded, or anything to symbolize a bad clutch disk or pressure plate.