Car can not go into 2nd gear - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion


Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

Car can not go into 2nd gear

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
Default Car can not go into 2nd gear

Hi . My accord 2000 does not go into 2nd gear . Sometimes skips 2nd and go to 3rd . Had the transmission rebuilt but the problem persisted . The transmission was rebuilt a second time , this time the valvebody was serviced . Same problem
Selenoids were tested with current and clicked . They were also cleaned . No engine check light .
Fluid replaced with each rebuild . Any suggestions .? Really need some help
accordjunky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
B*a*n*n*e*d
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 229
Default Re: Car can not go into 2nd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordjunky007 View Post
Hi . My accord 2000 does not go into 2nd gear . Sometimes skips 2nd and go to 3rd . Had the transmission rebuilt but the problem persisted . The transmission was rebuilt a second time , this time the valvebody was serviced . Same problem
Selenoids were tested with current and clicked . They were also cleaned . No engine check light .
Fluid replaced with each rebuild . Any suggestions .? Really need some help
Same TCM? Would try swapping it out with another then see if that makes a difference. If no difference then the fault is internal to the transmission and would then suggest getting it rebuilt some place else.
m90polk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
Default Re: Car can not go into 2nd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m90polk1 View Post
Same TCM? Would try swapping it out with another then see if that makes a difference. If no difference then the fault is internal to the transmission and would then suggest getting it rebuilt some place else.

Thanks for the reply . Is there a way to test the tcm to see if it is working ? Would a faulty TCM give codes ?
accordjunky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #4
B*a*n*n*e*d
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 229
Default Re: Car can not go into 2nd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordjunky007 View Post
Thanks for the reply . Is there a way to test the tcm to see if it is working ? Would a faulty TCM give codes ?
Ideally it would give you codes but may not and just cause shifting issues. I've seen them have faults internally to the pcb and not throw codes but cause running issues.
m90polk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
Default Re: Car can not go into 2nd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m90polk1 View Post
Ideally it would give you codes but may not and just cause shifting issues. I've seen them have faults internally to the pcb and not throw codes but cause running issues.
hi just an update . The technician rebuilt the tranny a 3rd time . This time did pressure test . Apparently a seal was the problem so 2nd gear worked . However there is a delay when going into gears and also a ticking noise when changing gears . Trust me i would change technicians in a heart beat but most tecs are reluctant to work on honda tranny so i am stuck with him . I am from trinidad . Any advise you can give me to give him .
accordjunky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4
Default Re: Car can not go into 2nd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordjunky007 View Post
hi just an update . The technician rebuilt the tranny a 3rd time . This time did pressure test . Apparently a seal was the problem so 2nd gear worked . However there is a delay when going into gears and also a ticking noise when changing gears . Trust me i would change technicians in a heart beat but most tecs are reluctant to work on honda tranny so i am stuck with him . I am from trinidad . Any advise you can give me to give him .
Also these new problems were not present before . Only the 2nd gear problem
accordjunky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No reverse after transmission rebuild drummerdude Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) 0 10-16-2016 04:41 PM
Transmission gets stuck in 5th and bearing/gear noise v4lu3s Transmission & Drivetrain 2 09-10-2016 08:45 AM
help ls transmission problem jean36 Transmission & Drivetrain 1 04-10-2016 04:07 PM
3rd Gear grinds caused by damaged 2nd gear? causes? R6Elmo Transmission & Drivetrain 1 03-08-2013 06:35 AM
automatic transmission jerks on downshift Herbie Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) 1 06-30-2010 02:54 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:51 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send