Notices
Transmission & Drivetrain Gearboxes, Differentials, Clutches

97 Prelude SS transmission in 94 Accord --Thoughts?--

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Prelude SS transmission in 94 Accord --Thoughts?--

I'm going to be pulling my h23a vtec and Manual transmission from my Accord(sooner or later) to transplant into my 97 Prelude. The prelude has a good running H22a4 and SS transmission.

Prelude swap is going to be nice and easy but I also want to get the accord running again to either sell or hand off to my son. I planned to rebuild the spare prelude transmission I had laying around and drop that and the H22a4 into the Accord or possibly dropping the stock F22B back in the car and buying an accord manual transmission to go back in with it so I could keep the A4 and trans for a future project.

I was just sitting here having the bad idea that maybe I should put the A4 and SS transmission in the Accord, since I will be pulling all of the auto parts from the Prelude I should have everything except wiring. The Accord needs a new engine harness anyway so that's not a factor. I know the SS transmissions are crap but assuming its working smoothly when I pull it then it may not be a bad transplant. Either way I see it with the Accord I will end up spending at least $500 getting the transmission side sorted and wiring harness. If I can use the SS transmission I may be able to get this done cheaper and just add a custom harness for the auto.

Any ideas on what it would take to make it happen? Honestly this is like a plan C so I know it isn't an excellent idea.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:39 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: 97 Prelude SS transmission in 94 Accord --Thoughts?--

What is an SS transmission?
Old 11-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 97 Prelude SS transmission in 94 Accord --Thoughts?--

Sport Shift automatic Transmission.