Notices
Texas -OK -LA (Sales) Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana

'94 Civic EX full swap-needs to be removed/rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 140 Likes on 132 Posts
Default '94 Civic EX full swap-needs to be removed/rebuilt

I bought a 1994 Honda Civic EX with what appears to be the stock engine/trans/ecu/etc.... I bought it to swap in a B16.
San Antonio
Text or call 512-924-7439 for serious buyers with cash (No texts saying "hey what's up man" or "can I pay you later")

Summary:
Asking $800 OBO: FULL D16Z6 swap for sale that needs to be "pulled" from the car and includes the whole engine, transmission, shift linkage, axels, all wiring, ECU, Power steering pump, AC compressor. It either needs valve work, a head gasket, or might-as-well do an engine rebuild.

Details: I bought it to drop in a B16, but wanted a car with the engine still in it so I know it worked. The previous owner mentioned it needed a valve job, and that he drove it to work every day until it started to smoke. I got it towed so the engine wouldn't get damaged. It smokes quite a bit, but can be driven around to move the car. It's not something I want to mess with fixing. The AC blows cold, but there is an on/off switch hard wired to the compressor, so I'm not sure if it is the ECU, compressor, or the control panel on the dash not letting the AC work normally. I want to keep the AC hardware attached to the car, and you get the "swap" including the AC bracket/compressor/wiring that goes with the engine. The only modifications that I know of is spark plug wires and that's about all...
Other than the AC on/off switch, the only wiring that appears modified is the radiator fan, which also has an on/off switch. The previous owner ran out of money to put into it, then I bought it for the shell, so it probably an easy fix.
As the car sits, it still has the swap in it. If you are interested in the swap, you can pay a $300 "deposit" for me to pull the swap out. Or you can bring your tools, engine hoist, and floor jacks and we can pull the engine out in a morning on the large driveway (plenty of space). I just don't want to remove the engine myself, then people will ask if it works, and if the transmission shifts, so I want to leave it in for the next buyer to know that it works. If you have a shop to take it to, you can pay for the swap, tow it there, then I'll tow the shell (one day only- not an extended thing).
I am looking for $800 for the swap with me helping take it out. I have 2 videos I can email you of the engine starting and revving, and also driving in 1st gear and driving in reverse.
Attached Images       

Last edited by highschooler; 07-17-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '94 Civic EX full swap-needs to be removed/rebuilt

I did a compression test today.
Cylinder 1: 150psi
Cylinder 2: 150psi
Cylinder 3: 155psi
Cylinder 4: 155psi

Cylinder 2 has oil on the spark plug so the engine will most likely need valve work before driven.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be a negative nancy or anything but this swap is worth maybe 500 bucks i part out civics all the time and have never gotten 1300 for good running dseries swap let alone one that probably needs 300$ in head work ....my intention of this post is not to **** you off but to help inform you glws
Old 07-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man... I'm taking offers. Also willing to part out major parts such as trans, axels, engine, computer... The good thing is its not been modified very much so all of the ac/ps components are there, with a clean wiring harness, except for 2 wires that have been cut.

Right now the only thing needed to take the swap out is the pin on the shift linkage, axels, and engine mounts. I've done all the small stuff already, I just don't have an engine hoist, and have been busy lately.