Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Where can I get fluidampr install kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where can I get fluidampr install kit

I'm trying to do a fluidampr install but have had a tough time finding an install tool with the correct thread pitch... I do not want to use the crankshaft bolt for install. No where online can i find a 14 x 1 or 14 x 0.5 bolt to create my own installer... Any advice on what aftermarket installer would work or if someone's using a standard size bolt etc... I know in a couple threads others have started getting a rented tool from auto stores but I checked ten in the local area with nothing to show...

Thanks a ton for any help or advice
Old 01-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where can I get fluidampr install kit

I would reach out to Fluidampr with any questions:
Technical Support

Found a really old H-T post, but all the images are broken..
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced...-tool-1615286/

Also found a great install with fantastic detail and pictures for a V8, but still applicable:
How To Install a Torsional Damper Correctly - EngineLabs

Good luck. If you do get it installed correctly post up how you did it and what tools you used.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

What are you trying to install it on? My Fluidamper went right on the crank with no special tools required. It was on a B20. Might want to get a hold of the manufacturer and make sure you have the correct parts, and find out what the recommended method of install is. You don't want to mess your crank up.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Grahambo02
I would reach out to Fluidampr with any questions:
Technical Support

Found a really old H-T post, but all the images are broken..
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced...-tool-1615286/

Also found a great install with fantastic detail and pictures for a V8, but still applicable:
How To Install a Torsional Damper Correctly - EngineLabs

Good luck. If you do get it installed correctly post up how you did it and what tools you used.
Definitely read these posts a couple times... Fluidampr doesn't make the install kit anymore so that's a bust... I know the theory behind installing it. Only issue is the 14 x 1.25 fine thread metric crankshaft bolt... I've messaged several company's, oem tools, performance tools, comp cams, jegs, summit... All their kits, (haven't heard back from comp cams yet) don't specifically have a 14x1.25... They only use 1.5 thread pitches..

Getting to the point I may have to just buy an ati installer... way too much for 1 bolt imo...
Old 01-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DarryCar
What are you trying to install it on? My Fluidamper went right on the crank with no special tools required. It was on a B20. Might want to get a hold of the manufacturer and make sure you have the correct parts, and find out what the recommended method of install is. You don't want to mess your crank up.
I called Ivan over at fluidampr, but the install tool was discontinued a couple years ago. It's an interference fit so if your damper just slid on (like oem) I'd be calling them or returning it... It should be somewhat of a press fit. My hang up with using the crankshaft bolt is that if there is any way for me to damage the threads I'm 99% surely going to do it. Just one of my quirks, I got to do stuff right and every tuner I take short cuts I pay for it lol...
Which brings me back to what install kit people are obtaining from the box parts stores because the ones in Louisiana only care the cheep 20 buck oem brand one for rent and it doesn't have the correct metric pitch adapter...