Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Troubleshooting: Car won't start after relay switchout, battery disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting: Car won't start after relay switchout, battery disconnect

The last few days ive been running into this issue with my boosted ls which has skunk2 pro series intake 70mm TB. .57trim turbo. 340lph fuel pump. Dtp rail 1000cc rc injectors. Aftermarket regulator(came with turbo kit) and a p28ecu chipped with hondata s300. Had her tuned and the the breaks **** the bed. So i swapped the abs and all for a manual break setup. Then she got hard to start and then wouldnt start at all. Cranked over But wouldnt start. Had a solid CEL. And ofxourse my scanner is obd2 so i cant scan thr obd1 computer.. Didnt hear the fuel pump humming or anything. So i changed the relay out 3 times. Got nowhere. Jumped the relay got the pump to prime no start. Finally by the grace of god she just started. Turn the key wait a min CEL went out and she started right up. But now my fuel pressure gauge on my regulator is going nuts. I saw lights flicker and all. But if i disconnect the battery while the car is running alternator keeps the car going. Could the alternator be causing this issue? No blown fuses. Everything is still intact checked the power to the main fuse. Ecu is getting power. Checked all the grounds even the one on the thermostat. Possible ignition switch? Could wiring to the fuel pump be intermittent?? Im lost i checked for 12v at the pump and got it. Any suggestions?
Old 11-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re: Troubleshooting: Car won't start after relay switchout, battery disconnect

Well first off, you never disconnect the battery whilt its running. That is how you blow one way linear diodes in your alternator. First thing first. Check your grounds. Why does your relay not work? Do you have a power, or ground issue?
Old 11-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Troubleshooting: Car won't start after relay switchout, battery disconnect

No i checked for power to the relay. And after the relay. I have a underlying issue somewhere snd idk where to look. I feel like ive been searching and i dont just want to throw parts at it anymore