Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Spark plug wire popped out from distributor cap and ever since that, car is lagging??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plug wire popped out from distributor cap and ever since that, car is lagging??

Ok, this is what happened on my gsr motor, i was driving and i went to 8,000 rpm through 1st gear then shifted to second, right after i went into second, there was a misfire, i pulled over and popped the hood, i saw that my msd plug wire for my number 1 cylinder had popped off from the distributor cap, so i plugged it back in, the engine idles and runs fine but it is a lot weaker at higher rpms....any idea of what might be the problem?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Spark plug wire popped out from distributor cap and ever since that, car is lagging?? (slowsleep

check the fuel injector, spark plugs and the spark plugs wire. The car normal run for cyclinder but one is dead. It happen to me too. I have to change the fuel injector. hope that help man.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spark plug wire popped out from distributor cap and ever since that, car is lagging?? (slowsleep

i had a wire pop out long time ago, but never noticed anything being affected, probably because i had an MSD 6a.

i did take the MSD out and then after having cams over a year, i noticed months ago that my 4th gear in VTEC breaks up or sounds like its cutting out.

you might have weaked the ignition coil as i think i did too.
check this link out to see how to test the coil for the primary and secondary winding resistance:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=855553

my primary test was alittle high. after changing my injectors, entire fuel system, and a tune up, it still breaks up in 4th gear in vtec.

although it might be my denso plugs which ive been running since last year, ive narrowed it down to the coil. just a suggestion for you.