Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

s2000 ap2 coolant gauge k-lin converter

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 s2000 ap2 coolant gauge k-lin converter

S2000 ap2 2006+ cluster on Mitsubishi Eclipse almost done!

THIS PROJECT IS BEING LIMITED AND DELAYED DUE THE HUNDREDS OF SWORDS IN THE WAY OF "HIDDEN AND REFUSAL ON INFO FROM HONDA CUSTOMER SERVICE" ALSO BECAUSE SOFTWARE THAT DOES NOT WORK AND THE REALLY HIGH EXPENSIVE PRICE THAT THOSE ENGINEERS ASK FOR THEIR STUFF THAT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, THEIR BETA TEST SOFTWARE INSTALL PROPERLY BUT THE FIRST USEFUL OPTION YOU CLICK AND SELECT ... IT WILL NOT SERVE YOU, BUT PROMPT YOU TO A CREDIT CARD BILL STUFF!!! GREEDY WORLD ... ALSO MANY RELEASES DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY ... SOME HAS TROJAN HORSES AND IT IS NOT FAIR FOR US TO PAY A VERY HIGH PRICE FOR THEIR STUFF THAT DOES NOT EVEN WORK, VIRUS OF ALL KINDS, TROJAN HORSES AND SOFTWARE WITH VIRUS INCLUDED ON DEMO VERSIONS.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS PROJECT CAN MAKE INTO YOUR CAR REGARDING IMPROPER USE OR WRONG CIRCUIT COMPONENTS MOUNTED ON MY FINAL CONCLUSION CIRCUIT ON PDF.

I DON'T HAVE ANY WISH TO BRAKE US COPYRIGHTS AND DISRESPECT ANY KIND OF LAW, THE MEMBER ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AFTER USING THE INFORMATION HERE BELLOW AND MAKE THE AUTHOR (ME) BE OUT OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY LEGAL OR REGARDING ANY DAMAGE IT MAY CAUSE TO YOUR CAR AND CIRCUITS.

BUT IT WILL NOT CAUSE ANY DAMAGE AND IF YOU FOLLOW STEP BY STEP ON MY FINAL CONCLUSION PROJECT, IT WILL FOR SURE NOT DAMAGE ANYTHING.

AS I'VE TESTED ON MY OWN CAR AND MY PURPOSE FOR THIS IS TO MAKE FUNCTIONAL THE CLUSTER THAT WAS SOLD FOR ME AND HONDA ENGINEERS AND HONDA CORP REFUSED TO GIVE ANY INFORMATION ON "TECH" NOTES REGARDING WHAT KIND OF DATA THIS CLUSTER WORKS.

I ONLY ASK THEM THIS SINGLE INFORMATION NOTHING ELSE "CAN BUS DATA FRAME "IDS"", "SAE", "ISO" HCAN
INFORMATION AND WHAT COMMAND LINES ENABLE THE COOLANT TEMP UP AND DOWN, ALSO WHAT CODES CONTROLS SOME CLUSTER LIGHTS.

(COOLANT TEMPERATURE DISPLAY 19 SEGMENTS, ALTERNATOR CHARGING LIGHT AND CHECK ENGINE WARNING LIGHT WORK ON ISO-K - HCAN ISO9141-2 Message length is restricted to maximum 12 bytes, including CRC,(this means restricted, it does not mean it has 12 bytes (Asynchronous serial communication at 10.4 Kbaud), Pin 7 of OBD2, K-line bidirectional for communication, UART signaling at 10.4K baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop).

Physically it is located at "DLC PINOUT 7" and it use a special ground for the can nodes.

When the cluster turns on, it will ask to the "ECU through this pin 7 of DLC", for "PID 05" on MODE 01.... IT WILL ASK

>01 05

THE ECU WILL ANSWER ON HEXADECIMAL:

41 05 7b

This means 83 degrees temperature celcius

(INVISIBLE MAN REVEALED THIS INFORMATION DURING MY LAST DREAM YESTERDAY AS HE WAS THE ONLY NOT GREEDY SOURCE)

THUS IT IS UNDERSTANDABLE THAT ONCE I GET A CLUSTER THAT WAS SOLD FOR ME AND PAID THE PRICE FOR THIS PART, IT GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO MAKE IT FULLY FUNCTIONAL ON MY CAR.

IT IS REALLY FAIR FOR ME TO HAVE THIS PART WORKING ON MY CAR ONCE I'VE PAID FOR IT AND I WAS A VICTIM OF A NON WORKING CLUSTER THAT WORKS IN A CODED SYSTEM FOR THE NEW AGE TECHNOLOGY ON CAR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS.

(CAN BUS NETWORK, "CODED ID DATA FRAME") AND ALL THIS INFORMATIONS ARE HELD HIDDEN AND NOT SHARED WITH ANY ONE THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO "HONDA STUFF".

TAKE THIS FORUM AS IS, DONATIONS ARE WELCOME AS I AM NOT A RICH PERSON, I FIGHT AND DREAM FOR LIFE WITH TECHNOLOGY MAKING SMART SOLUTIONS.

AS I DONT HAVE RESOURCES TO PAY AND SPEND THOUSAND OF DOLLARS AND POUNDS TO BUY USELESS SOFTWARE THAT PROMISE TO WORK AND DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, I WAS TESTING THE SOFTWARE THAT WAS FREE.

THANKS to "Accattatis "Sillanum Soft" for free Visual analyser FRATELI DI ITALIA, FRATELI DI SOLE.

THIS VIDEO WAS RECORDED BY MYSELF IN CASTEL FRANC0 - VENETO - ITALY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRPhRLN_g9g

EAGLE GIRARDI

WHO IS EAGLE GIRARDI?

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/atta...e-cluster1.jpg

Here I am, after some sad moments, I got the light that everyman can develop anything when is determined with mind and spirit to it.

I always was a game addictive on old consoles like "ATARI", MASTER SYSTEM, SNESS" 3DO Panasonic" I got still today many Ps2 broken in a box for me to finish the repair, installing external hard drives and modding it as my taste and always got those broken console to fix it as there was not resources on my family to afford it when I was a kid in this corrupt country where the political influence always was the first survival door, then I work with computer hardware\software since kid, I received my first computer IBM K45, Pentium I 100mhz, 4mb EDO Ram, when I was a kid and sice that time I began to open my "CPU" and change memory .... HD.

I was doing it for all my life, dedication into this stuff in order to one day have enough conditions to create and educate a proper family with precision and love...

Later I was doing upgrades ... I traveled to England twice looking for "IT Jobs" first time I found a job but later was informed that with Brazilian passport I was not allowed to work without a work permit and left the country to avoid "immigration crimes" on UK, I was very harassed on sense of "Brazilian Prostitutes, "Your government are thieves", because the image and also in fact the honest side of British people are fully right, Brazilian Woman sell her body image and physically for foreigners in order to pay her druggy life or University, I see it everyday and this is the reason why I am still single, there is not "one" Brazilian Woman that is not interested on money and slept with "heavy side pockets", money is GOD for Brazilian woman because they are promiscuous as any immoral person that only thinks about money, (the only woman that is not prostitute is my mother, she slept only with my father all her life).

CORRUPT BRAZILIAN WOMAN, POLITICIANS, RESOURCES, UNIVERSITIES, LOVE, FAKE RIGHTS, BRAZIL HAS THE MOST PERFECT LAWS BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THEY ARE ALL THIEVES.

I don't wanted to be arrested in a world I thought to be free, then spent all my money to return to my Italian blood sources from "heavens" being stolen again from Brazilian thieves that was illegal in Italy crooking Brazilians that wanted to legally organize their source documents ...

BUT WITH A HARD FIGHT THAT ALMOST COST MY LIFE I COULD MANAGE TO RECEIVE MY ITALIAN NATIONALITY WITH AN ITALY WITHOUT TI-JOBS, NO JOBS AND HUNDREDS OF ITALIANS TELLING ME THAT "WE GOT KIDS THAT MUST WORK HERE".

........and then returned to "UK" with my Italian passport under the suer of my blood to receive full European rights with a "Jungle Country" infected by all sort of abnormal and mad people, asylum seekers and thieves everywhere with a miserable TI-Job that could not pay the bills and as reward of all my loyalty and Brave heart, I did received a room without sheet and without covers in a city full of scammers with a life lowest than ''SOUTH AFRICA", UK - London life quality is worse than the most poor countries.

.... (HELL) then I realized that is not only Brazil who birth thieves and that no one can judge some one where is borned, but people should be evaluated by his knowledge to build stuff, to create and find smart solutions, people should be judged by his good heart spirit wishes.

People should be judge by his personality ... I am hetero-option, I don't want to be one expert why people choose other options, this is my choice to dream with a pretty wife as my taste.

(white fish beautiful face and acceptable body) to birth some pretty kids and educate them with resources and and intelligence, wisdom showing them that life is not easy and we must to fight hard to conquer things.

Then I returned to Brazil to make my dream car and enjoy it until find the proper country to life in peace ..............................

I opened here this forum, as now I will finish my 4 years Mitsubishi eclipse (Eagle Talon) project and I will share the information with all the community of HONDA-TECH AND DSMTUNNERS after knowing who is and why wants it and show me any proof of legal acquisition of cluster part (not stolen).

I got a cluster from s2000 - 2007 with wire and sockets, I've made some researches and could not find any information to this cluster, also no one in this entire world decided to create and build every module with their own knowledge for this conversion, there is not anything that may adjust this cluster to my eagle, then I decided to create myself everything into a "ECU".

Modfry Guys told me it is on canbus network and obd2 network, but refused to give me any further information in regards this project or they may not know nothing else for this project.

But testing step by step using my own diagnostics, I could make this cluster almost fully functional, except the temp gauge and some warning lights on cluster.

almost all lights, speedo, rpm.... (everything worked wonderfully right and functional

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 06-18-2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: INCLUDING AGREEMENT THERMS.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: s2000 ap2 coolant gauge k-lin converter

I am creating a PDF with my own illustration with simple methods, without using the material of anyone as this cluster no one could give me information how it works TILL RIGHT NOW.

As I've said everything works great, except the temp gauge that I will need to create a circuit to emulate the can bus software and catch the "id code" for the receiver "slave chip".

Everything is on final step and the information I need is regarding the coolant "id code and can bus iso number for this s2000 2007 interface.

This is everything I need to finish the circuit layout that I am going to install in a box similar to an ecu with the full conversion from Mitsubishi Eclipse signals for S2000 ap2 2007 cluster.

This small box will convert the signal and voltages to proper millivoltages for fuel gauge be fully working, it will receive the signal from "DSM ECU ENGINE MODULE" and convert it to can line straight to cluster, without the "ECT" converter (that does not work at all and without the "Speedo healer" as it will be an ECT converter, Speedo healer and (can bus signal injector) into one circuit programmed in as much "pic" microchips it needs, it will be a single circuit that will emulate everything delivering the signals on wires to the cluster in another side of socket box, making the full job without spending money to this ect converter, Speedo healer and equipment to make the fuel gauge be working.

It is based in a circuit programmed in pic language that will also do the Speedo healing fix to correct the car speed for this change and also to adjust the speed when someone change the diameter of wheels and tires using with a gps to catch the real speed, then adjusting + or - based on Speedo from gps speed.

I will include everything into one single box and now in order for me to finish this project, I need to know:

1#CAN BUS LINE ISO NUMBER FOR S2000 AP2 2007 SYSTEM???

2#"ID CODE AND INPUT FREQUENCY VARIATION TO MAKE COOLANT TEMP BAR-GRAPH CURVE?

3#WHAT ARE THE PIN-IN TO IT?

4#"ID CODE FOR EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE AND ID CODE FOR "OIL LIFE PERCENTAGE".

Once I finish to the happiness of this community and all good Christians and non Christian hearts, I will share the full project with anyone that needs this.

"THAT ALL THE GLORY BE TO FATHER GOD! AND THE MESSIAH JESUS CHRIST".

THEIR GLORY IS THE KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM.

I am not a "FAQ".

Somebody told me that the secret of success is to hide the sources, but I understand this as mental masturbation not sharing information with other people.

I see how grateful an enthusiast of this car could be and many other enthusiasts if they had everything needed into a PDF without spending money with that ECT converter and Speedo healer and hours and hours of researches like I did for nothing and many of these enthusiasts ordered this ECT converter and it was "USELESS".

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-04-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: ADDING EXTRA
Old 04-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This "PDF" will press people to be more humble and share their ideas.

THIS "PDF" WILL HAPPEN AS SOON I FINISH MY PROJECT.

I want to be rated for this if you like my project and as soon I finish this project, I will put videos like I did in this thread.

This video is myself speaking with my cluster on own hands, as I mentioned, English is not my first language.

ALL I WANT IS RESPECT! FOR SOME PEOPLE IT IS MORE IMPORTANT!

Yes, it will really matter what kind of system the cluster works for the following reason, the modify guys mention very clearly on their website that "this ect converter will work on clusters until year 2005", after this year they don’t have nothing at all that may work and don’t know any further information for this.

Obd2 system are completely different of signals than the analogic signals we can find on ap2 cluster, then the ability to make changes using the available converter are limited to cluster year 2005, after this year, the cluster is another interface.

You can see on my video posted here that in the top left side of "trip display, it has a Fahrenheit counter that may be on obd2 system or can bus; obd2 system is a kind of data that we may get using a scanner to ob2 car port.

Now "can bus" network is a completely different technology, it will have a K-LINE of MASTER AND SLAVE wires that MASTER will send the "id code" and SLAVE will receive it, once it receive the code, the slave chip will receive the data and decode it to another microchip to make the "GAUGE VARIATION FROM MINIMUM TO MAXIMUM" many cars share all the information limited in this two wires, "this is can bus network", HOWEVER THIS S2000 AP2 2007 CLUSTER ONLY USE THIS TECHNOLOGY FOR OIL LIFE PERCENTAGE, EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE AND COOLANT TEMPERATURE GAUGE, there are many other cars that all the car info, temp, speed ... goes into this network and it make all information pass through k-line to show data on cars display, only the "slave" chip that is programmed to receive the code will receive the data.

This display (EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE) is located on left side of trip display in Fahrenheit; also on another display side we got the "OIL LIFE".

What are the wires K-LINE ON s2000 ap2 year 2007 cluster?

Previous models of s2000 ap2 limited to year 2005 is pulsative voltage of 5 volts with frequency of 60hz to 5khz, after 2006+ s2000 ap2 model until 2009 the last model of Honda s2000 it was changed to this technology, it must have an "ID CODE" on beginning of square wave to open the logic port for k-line (SLAVE CHIP) and inject the frequency.

However the modify told me no, they don’t have nothing at all that may work in this cluster, then here is the crucial doubt in order for me to finish my project.

I will try to inject a pulsative voltage of 5 volts to it as I've said from 60 Hz to 5 kHz on b5 yellow green, but I am not sure it will work.

I INJECTED ALL KINDS OF WAVES LIMITED TO 5VOLTS AMPLITUDE AND IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, WHY????

BECAUSE THE WAVES DOES NOT HAVE THE "ID CODE" TO OPEN THE LOGIC DOOR TO THE CIRCUIT IS ABLE TO RECEIVE THE FREQUENCY.

"IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE ID CODE AND MIN AND MAX WAVE FORM, IF IT IS SQUARE, SINE AND TRIANGLE AND AMPLITUDE, IT WILL HELP ME.

I will do everything possible in order to see this cluster fully functional, please lets be quick ... any useful information will help, lets make this project as soon as possible and once it is finished, I will add a video to youtube and put the link here also, I will give the docs for people enthusiast (please do not use my idea for greedy purposes) it is made in love of Jesus to help enthusiasts.

Best regards.

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 04-30-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: I should edit all the thread, but I prefer to make my pdf 800 views woooww
Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am trying to discover how it works, I know that usually the can bus has two wires in it, usually white with a black strip crossed into cluster.

Now the obd2 and can bus, it seems that the cluster only shows a data scanned from this wires, I mean the cluster is only a display that shows the signal that receive as a obd2 and can bus network.

The main problem is that I only got the s2000 year s2007 cluster and it looks like it is not the original wires and socket, it looks like the wires and socket is from another ap2 cluster from 2003-2005 that works like people mention.

The old models of this ap2 cluster from 2003 to 2005, it seems to be a 5v digital signal, It's a pulsating signal, that when engine is cold 60 hertz, when engine is warm or hot 3-4-5 khertz, I mean when cold= low frequency, hot =high frequency, but I have my doubts and dont have any part of it to confirm those information, then we are limited on what "curious" people tell us or on wrong information given from who is hidden the true information.

But we are talking of a cluster after this range honda s2000 year after 2006+, it has a display on the top left side that shows the Fahrenheit temp in numbers and also oil life (I don’t know if old ap2 until 2005 has the oil life), I am sure it does not has this extra function of Fahrenheit in numbers together with the dash on leds, do you know what I mean now? also the old cluster does not has the "external temperature" outside.

I will post some pictures of it in this thread then you will realize what I am talking about.

Well, the main problem is that I am not sure if the socket is the original socket or if was added from another cluster, physically it looks the same colour code on 2004-2005 BUT IT HAS SOME EXTRA WIRES THAT THOSE OLD CLUSTER AP2 DOES NOT HAS.

Ok, for the voltage conversion, it is very simple, you could add "lm7805" transistor and it will do the conversion to this cluster, but the issue is that it is not a voltage variation and yes a pulse issue from60 hertz to 5 kHz, I will need to develop a circuit like this.

The voltage does not change like many people thinks, what change is the frequency, please read fully my thread.

Then my own method and information I must FIND will be as follow:

1#Mitsubishi Eclipse 2g temp sensor resistance variation in ohms (a)

2#Honda s2000 year 2007 cluster "COOLANT TEMP ID CODE DATA FRAME" variation to work min and max (b)

3#What the maximum temperature a 4g63 can support before burn the gasket and burn the oil life viscosity (c)

I will then adjust the frequency injector with electric component to based on (a) signal cold, it makes the temp cluster on s2000 lower and when sensor is hot it makes the s2000 ap2 CLUSTER higher to a maximum temp the engine 4g63 can support WITH ADJUSTABLE OPTION(c).

Then my next step will be to develop in "smd" a box with all this conversion included, I mean (fuel gauge fix, Speedo healer on pic program, ect converter based on signals and finally all the wires light convertion and fitments).

What do you think about my project experts?

Modify ECT Converter Module will NOT work on clusters from years 2006 and up. These clusters use the S2000 data bus to operate the temperature gauge and they are not compatible with the ECT Module.

Said modify.

I was wondering, I got wrong information in this project, the coolant temperature is not a pulsative signal, pulsate signal are designed to "rpm tacho" and "digital speedometer", for what reason Honda company would create a pulsate signal to coolant gauge? It does not make sense, since beginning I was not believing it was a pulsate signal.

Remember, almost all the functions in my cluster s2000 ap2 year 2006 is working already and the only thing needed is to find out what "wires" are responsible for "data bus” in this coolant temp gauge, also this cluster has an outside temperature in Fahrenheit that I will need to find out what "wires" are responsible for it and what kind of circuit to develop in order to make this function work.

For the happiness of people, I already found out that even the fuel gauge does not work with 5 volts like every engineer mention here, what makes the fuel gauge go up and down are millivoltages, (you can confirm that using a 1.5 volts aaa battery with the cluster on FUEL INPUT SIGNAL and connecting the negative of battery on cluster ground and positive of 1.5 VOLTS AAA battery on (input fuel gauge signal) after 20 seconds it will light the barleds to almost maximum. I haven’t tested yet the voltage that comes from fuel tank on DSM 2g to stock cluster, but I assume it will be much higher voltage near 12 volts, (I will confirm when finishing my PDF file for the enthusiasts).

Every factory use different ohms variation and voltages variation different for each other, thinking about this, I've created already a "fuel gauge healer" in order for those who want to install the s2000 ap2 2006" cluster into their Mitsubishi eclipse 2g (4g63) 1995-1999 also know as "Eagle Talon", this fuel gauge healer is a very low cost circuit mounted in HALF DAY of job, it gives me the option to adjust variable voltage of fuel tank turning the potentiometer or trim pot TO ADJUST ANY DIFFERENCE.

Then the steps now are:

1#fuel gauge healer.
2#cluster lights mod wire.
3#speedo healer programmed on "pic language".
4#s2000 ap2 2006+ coolant temp gauge "data bus" converter.
5#outside temperature.

The fuel Gauge is already working properly, I just need to check again the signal from the fuel tank in order to make the perfect "curve" for it range the minimum and maximum on gauge bargraph.

The Cluster lights wire is already done and with a few mods it will be included into this "ECU" box I am doing to control this conversion.

Speedo healer is already done the circuit, the hex and all the stuff; I am still testing it in order to find any instability.

Now the s2000 ap2 2006+ coolant temp gauge "data bus" converter I am going to study more in order to begin to develop something.

The outside temperature must be "sorted".

Any expert here in order to help me with information? I am developing everything alone with "wrong information’s given from many ... and found everywhere on network".

Please, I will share this project, if you are not sure about precise information, just post here and mention it is an idea.

IDEAS are welcome.

What are the wires involved on "data bus" responsible for s2000 ap2 2006+ cluster coolant temp gauge?????

I only need this information to finish my ecu.

Honda S2000 ap2 cluster rpm tach signal is a positive 12 VOLTS signal!!!! if you got the blue b3 and tremble (shake the contacts) it to +12 of cluster, then you will see the tachometer to jump almost to 1.000 rpm AS THIS VIDEO SHOWS UP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rJY...layer_embedded

Now the speedometer signal is a negative pulse, b7 blue with white stripe, if you tremble the contacts on negative ("0" VOLTS) it will then shows up led-bars on speedometer display in this 2006+ s2000 cluster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odju5...layer_embedded

I've tested right now and it really works, it is really not on data bus or can bus crap.

PLEASE!!!! RATE ME!!!!!! I FOUND THIS WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANYONE, PLEASE NOW LETS SEE WHAT OTHERS CAN HELP.

Now I need to find out the temp gauge signal.... lets go for it now.

Yes! It will be a "plug and play".

It will not be allowed for seller to sell it, this is an enthusiast project, everyone will be able to make one of this, I am not getting no money at all for this plug and play stuff, only if people wish to donate me money into my paypal account, it will be welcome and will make me more happy to build another projects for people, also when it is done, we can negotiate a fair price for this converter.

I am doing this only in regards my enthusiasm for this Japanese American car that is already out of factory building.

You will have for sure the full project of it, also, if you wish me to build one for you, no problem, I can make it and send it to you.

But it I am not doing this for money, only as enthusiast person that love this car.

But it I am not doing this for money, only as enthusiast person that love this car
Then finally, when I got the "plug and play" ecu ready, I will take measurements of the dsm cluster hole and I will send it to a guy that works with injected plastic, then I will make a support of injected plastic on black colour in order to be similar the real.

I am working day and night; this project will be done soon in a couple of days.

Maybe I will see if I can make it to sell, as it is a long road of knifes and wrong information someone can find on streets when thinking to make a conversion like this.

Also because I love Japanese Cars and me really enjoy myself doing circuits, especially when it is something that almost no one can do.

Anyone can install ready conversors, but almost no one can create them!

This is like "oil paint" that I really enjoy also ... and "information technology" that I also enjoy allot.

Sure any man can develop something when really is determined to it.

Because I will test all the signals into this "temp gauge" in order to find out what signals will react something on cluster.

It may be a sine, square or triangular signal, everything I know it is 5 volts of amplitude, nothing else, I am building signal generators in order to test one by one.

Also, if anyone wants to collaborate before or after the project is done, please contact me in private that I will give my paypal details.

I am building those signal generators in order to test one by one.

The most interesting thing is that all the cluster works on normal voltage signals, I mean the Speedo, the tacho also the only difference is that the tacho works with a positive signal and the Speedo negative signal pulse.

Now the fuel gauge, here is the biggest secret I found right now, it is milliampers against milliampers, I mean, if you turn on the cluster and measure the voltage on fuel gauge, you will see 12 volts of a very low amperage, I mean milliampers, it looks like 50ma 12 volts, and at this stage you will see the bargraph on fuel gauge empty and the light of low fuel on.

Then, I got AAA 1.5 volts battery and with insulate tape, I attached wires to it in order to hold the wires and connected the negative on cluster ground and positive on fuel gauge input wire.

Then after 20 seconds the wire is connected, it shows me almost full bar, I mean one led down the bargraph.

I left the battery on cluster for more than one our ... and the bargraph was comming down slowly until it shows again no led-bars on (empty tank) and fuel light warning on.

Then I tested the battery and it was ZEEEERRRROOO, VOLTS.

What we learn with these experience experts????

We learn that what moves the bargraph led up and down is a voltage little higher than 1.5 volts and as the battery as soon it was loosing the charge, the bargraph was coming down ...

My fuel gauge converter (part of my inside ecu) is based in this, it will catch the voltage of fuel tank and based on resistance curve, it will deliver a voltage of 200 millivolts to the maximum that the the cluster will show once the fuel tank is full.

To test this, engineers will need to remove the fuel level part and simulate manually the full tank and empty tank manually putting the fuel level up for 20 seconds and down.... remember that the cluter will not show immediate the change, it has a retard circuit in it to prevent false level because the fuel tank level move when you ride your eagle.

Then based in this I will add potentiometer to adjust those levels on accepted range, but I believe it will be standard for all dsmers that use "the same" fuel level part.

Now, in regards the frequency, I am building right now a frequency generator that will arrange all the frequencies in order to test one by one.

Square, sine and triangular from 60 Hz to 1.000 Hz (1 kHz) and see how the cluster will behave with each of waves within amplitude of 5 volts.

But, if the cluster works in OBD2 or CAN network, it will be a completely different history and chapter.

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-11-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: SNATCHING A WHITE SOUL!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, experts here I go with new information in this cluster, not so happy but as I mentioned, I will find a solution for all the enthusiasts that wants a cluster wonderful like this in their cars 90`s and 95+`.

I downloaded from internet a software capable to generate signals on square, triangle and sine or many other customs signals in order to test one by one.

The square wave only moved the speedometer, I could make the speedometer works at a frequency of 2.830 kHz for 100km\h as here in this country the mileage is km\h instead mp\h, then all my diagnoses will be based in km\ph. then we can realize that it is 28.3 pulses per km\h this cluster works.

As much I was making the frequency higher, the speedometer was going up, I could see 300km\ph in this cluster, (IT IS A NEGATIVE PULSE OF AMPLITUDE 5 VOLTS AND 28.3 PULSE PER KM\PH ON SQUARE WAVE, BUT SINE WAVE ALSO WORKED, HOWEVER SQUARE IS RECOMENDED).

The tachometer (rpm gauge) does not worked on oscilloscope, however if I tremble the contact on positive 12 volts, it shows me 1.000 rpm on cluster when I shake the rpm tacho wire on positive wire from cluster quickly, then I realize it is a 12 volts pulse and my notebook sound card only is able to generate amplitude wave of 5 volts with precision.

(THEN WE REALIZE THAT THE SPEEDOMETER GAUGE ON HONDA S2000 2006+ IS A SQUARE "POSITIVE" SIGNAL OF AMPLITUDE OF 12 VOLTS, IT IS THE SWITCHED NEGATIVE SIDE OF IGNITION COIL THAT TURN ON AND OFF ONCE ENGINE IS SPARKING THE COILS.

The fuel gauge is a variation of 1500 millivolts 0.200 millivoltages as much low this voltage, it will show less bars light up on fuel cluster.

The wires I've checked almost all of them, almost all are normal wires with differences of some of them are positives and others negative, others use a pisitive and negative in order to turn on and of some lights on cluster, I will mention this wire per wire and step by step on my PDF manual once this study is finished.

NOTHING MADE THE COOLANT TEMPERATURE GAUGE MOVES UP AND DOWN, NONE SIGNAL SQUARE, SINE, TRIAGLE AND I BELIEVE ALSO THE PWM WILL NOT DO NOTHING AS WELL.

Then we conclude that definitely this coolant temp gauge works on "CANBUS OR OBD2 ISO-9141-2INTERFACE".

ONLY THE COOLANT TEMPERATURE WORKS IN THIS INTERFACE ALL THE OTHER SIGNALS ARE EASY TO CONVERT.

I must admit Japanese People is very smart!!!!!

"DO YOU WANT A SCREW FOR THE CAR I SOLD YOU? COME TO ME!!!!!!!”

Now, let’s go to next step, I will not have peace of mind until this cluster is not functional.

Please, any support how regarding the wires to temp gauge, I know already it is obd2 and can bus ISO9141-2, where to begin?

I believe some good soul here will know this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07K7...eature=related

Where to get the ecu and cluster "WIRE DIAGRAM" information for this Honda s2000 2007 cluster??? Any one has documents for this car????? WHAT KIND OF CAN ISO THIS S2000 2007 CLUSTER HAS?????

HONDA S2000 MODEL 2007 "CLUSTER AND ECU WIRING GUIDE DIAGRAM".

I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT WIRES ARE THE K-LINES IN ORDER TO GO AHEAD WITH CONVERTION.

I must study them!!!! In order to make our plug and play ecu for DSM conversion.

OBD2 HAS A K-LINE, IS IT A SINGLE WIRE?

NOW CAN BUS NETWORK HAVE TWO LINES WHERE IT COMMUNICATES, K-HIGH AND K-LOW?

IS THAT A PLACE WHERE I COULD FIND THE HONDA S2000 2007 WIRING GUIDE, SPECIALLY THE ONES THAT COMES FROM ECU TO CLUSTER ON HONDA S2000 2007 MODEL?

THIS WILL BE THE FIRST STEP INTO K-BUS SIGNAL DECODER.

PLEASE, PLEASE AND PLEASE THE TIME IS TICKING!!!!! NO PROGRESS AT ALL ON COOLANT GAUGE TEMP!!!

LETS COLABORATE PLEASE!!!!!!

I AM SURE MANY PEOPLE WANTS THIS CLUSTER FUNCTIONAL ON THEIR DSM!!!!

I WILL DO A FULL CONVERTER PLUG AND PLAY AND MAKE THE LIFE OF PEOPLE EASIER WHEN WISHING TO INSTALL THIS S2000 AP2 2006+ CLUSTER, NO NEED TO KICK KNIFES, I AM KICKING ALL OF THEM!

Girardi knife kicker!!!

YouTube - Do You REALLY Know What LIN Is?

wOOOOOWWWW such a future technology, I think this PLUG AND PLAY ECM CONVERTER will be hardest job I ever did into my entire life!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XPSGQCQBWs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfoB...eature=related

PLEASE, PEOPLE WATCH THIS VIDEOS EXPLAINING HOW THE DATA IS TRANSMITTED INTO THE COOLANT TEMP GAUGE IN THIS S2000 CLUSTER, ALSO THIS CLUSTER HAS A SPECIAL OPTION CALLED OIL LIFE AND EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE INFORMATION.

(WHAT IS THE "ID CODE" FOR EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE IN THIS S2000 2007 CLUSTER?).

OIL LIFE IS A FUNCTION THAT WILL MONITOR ALL THE TEMPERATURE THAT HAPPENED TO ENGINE AND THE WORKED OURS DONE ALREADY AND IT WILL GIVE A PERCENTAGE %%%%%%% IN CLUSTER DISPLAY SHOWING THE OIL LIFE ACCUSING WHEN YOU NEED TO REPLACE YOUR S2000 OIL.

(WHAT ARE THE "ID CODE" AND FREQUENCY FOR OIL LIFE?)

The system works as this, it has a master chip that sends the information, this chip is located on s2000 ap2 engine "ECU", this microchip convert the analogue signal input from the coolant temp sensor on s2000 engine into a pwm signal with "id code" to open the port on cluster "slave" and then inject the frequency inside it.

Then once the cluster receives the input "id" code, it opens the ports for the pwm frequency and decodes it to the led-bar graph.

The s2000 ap2 2007 cluster has two wires white and black strip that I believe are the two k-line for the 2 pieces of puzzle that is missing in this project (external temperature as the picture in this thread) and the temp gauge bar-graph.

Both wires are connected from wire into the master chip located on s2000 ap2 ecu that I don’t have with me, it will send the "id code" and freq into this slave placed on cluster.

The cluster does not send information, it only receives information straight from the "ECU", and this information all has the "id code" and freq, in order to open the proper logic port.

IMPORTANT!!!!! THIS S2000 AP2 CLUSTER HAS ONLY THE COOLANT TEMP GAUGE AND EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE DISPLAY ON CAN-NETWORK.

Here we got an example how the cluster work, but make sure you understand that this s2000 2007 cluster works only the coolant temp gauge and external temperature information into this system.

YouTube - CAN-Bus-Test 1

Here we got a can bus analyzer demonstration with the "id code sent to open the port".

YouTube - Microchip CAN BUS Analyzer Demonstration

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-16-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ALL I NEED NOW:

FIRST OF ALL PLEASE, CONFIRM THE K-LINES WIRES FOR THIS CLUSTER!

1#ID CODE AND FREQUENCY FOR "TEMP GAUGE"
2#ID CODE AND FREQUENCY FOR "EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE"
3#ID CODE AND FREQUENCY FOR "OIL LIFE"

Once I got those information, then I will decide if it will be better on pic or eprom this project and I will build an eprom or pic interface for it.

NOW I HOPE I AM ON RIGHT PLACE, THIS WILL BE USEFUL FOR MANY PEOPLE AROUND THE WORD, THEY WILL KNOW WHO IS EAGLE GIRARDI.

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 04-27-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: EXTRA INFO
Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am sure many people will be inspired by me, when this happen, please remeber to cheers me up!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can any one confirm for me what of this protocols is the s2000 ap2 year 2007?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ISO-1941,ISO-14230(KWP2000), J1850-VPM AND J1850-PWM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE NOBODY KNOWS THE "ID" CODES FOR HONDA S2000 2007, DO I NEED TO CALL GENNIUS LAMP???

I WILL GET YOU "ID CODE" ... WAIT ME ....
Old 04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ALLLLLBBBBAAAAAAAAA QQQQQUUUUUU BBBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ISO 15765-4
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OBD-II Diagnostic connector

ConnectorThe OBD-II specification provides for a standardized hardware interface—the female 16-pin (2x8) J1962 connector. Unlike the OBD-I connector, which was sometimes found under the hood of the vehicle, the OBD-II connector is required to be within 2 feet of the steering wheel (unless an exemption is applied for by the manufacturer, in which case it is still somewhere within reach of the driver). SAE J1962 defines the pinout of the connector as:

1.Manufacturer discretion. GM: J2411 GMLAN/SWC/Single-Wire CAN.
2.Bus positive Line of SAE-J1850 PWM and SAE-1850 VPW
3.Ford DCL(+) Argentina, Brazil (pre OBD-II) 1997-2000, Usa, Europe, etc.
4.Chassis ground
5.Signal ground
6.CAN high (ISO 15765-4 and SAE-J2284)
7.K line of ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4 (NOW I FOUND ON MAY\16\2011 THAT THIS INFO IS TRUE)
8.-
9.-
10.Bus negative Line of SAE-J1850 PWM only (not SAE-1850 VPW)
11.Ford DCL(-) Argentina, Brazil (pre OBD-II) 1997-2000, Usa, Europe, etc.
12.-
13.-
14.CAN low (ISO 15765-4 and SAE-J2284)
15.L line of ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4
16.Battery voltage
The assignment of unspecified pins is left to the vehicle manufacturer's discretion.

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-16-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for a fellow christian.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, here is the deal, somebody must to catch the signal sent to this cluster.

My idea is as following:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/atta...1&d=1272579586

Somebody must check the resistance variation on this cluster and install a potentiometer on place of this sensor and on cluster pwm can bus signal, connect an oscilloscope to sniff the signal variation and id to it, increasing and decreasing the potenciometer resistance to see what kind of signal it will be sniffed on can bus wires to cluster...

Then using this oscilloscope signal analizer on notebook sound card, it will be able to find out what signal comes to cluster.

PLEASE, IF YOU NEED TO FIND THE SOFTWARE TO MAKE YOUR NOTEBOOK AN OSCILLOSCOPE, PLEASE ASK ME!

Then with precision, we will be able to develop a pwm with id code in order to make the temp gauge fully functional.

Now I will need the help of some enthusiast.

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-01-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: ADD INFO
Old 04-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hard job!

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 04-30-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WHAT IS THE "ISO CAN" AND SAE FOR HONDA S2000 2007 MODEL CLUSTER????

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 04-29-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: What is the "iso can" and sae for honda s2000 2007 model cluster????
Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I found that this cluster works on 1.000 kbp\s as deeply studying the "can bus protocols that this car uses, I found that for 4 metters it will be 1-mbp\s now lets press the "nitro oxyde" button ...

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-04-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

People, I am very sad now, as no people wants to collaborate with this project! I will stop putting messages and will close myself until finish this project, I developed everything already, and I am developing the software that will come inside this stuff.

It will be finished in a couple of weeks; this will take time, until I catch the "ID CODE" for temp Gauge on “BRUTE FORCE”. As no one could help me with that simple information’s.

Everything I need to know is:

WHAT IS THE “ID CODE” FOR THE INPUT LOGIC CAN RECEIVER???

I will give here the last post before stop this thread.

Resumed by me:

Can Bus Networks, work like mail boxes transmitters and mail box receivers, mail boxes transmitters, transmit all the car information on vehicle network on full can network of 1mbps, thus all receivers receive only the messages that they are programmed to receive, (ID CODE).

When the temp gauge receives the (ID CODE), it analyzes the error codes, (if it is on pre-determined range of data and then once the receiver checked this information it decides how many led-bars to turn on.

All this happens in a speed of 1mbps and very quickly, then any variation in this messages with data information, it will light on bar-graph on cluster coolant temp immediately, the oil life function and external temperature works pretty the same.

Except instead of lighting led-bars, it will receive the ready information from s2000 2006+ Engine ECU in regards what show on display functions on oil life% and external temperature.

I am really sad; all I got was a bump from a nice Fellow Christian Buddy.

God bless us all and never forget the Messiah Jesus Christ, please contact if any info found.

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-04-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I commend your efforts. Can Bus is not for the faint of heart.

The main reason for the lack of responses is there probably not a lot of Electrical Engineers on this forum. I know I have posted some questions and gotten zero answers.

You may want to check out http://www.mp3car.com/ There are a few CAN wizards in the forums.

I as far as the coolant temp I think you are just going to have to go with a brute force scan script (poll every address until you get a response)

OR find some one with an AP2 S2k and sniff the can bus while it is running.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pk386

The main reason for the lack of responses is there probably not a lot of Electrical Engineers on this forum. I know I have posted some questions and gotten zero answers.

You may want to check out http://www.mp3car.com/ There are a few CAN wizards in the forums.

I as far as the coolant temp I think you are just going to have to go with a brute force scan script (poll every address until you get a response)

Great to hear news, it sound like a ice\water-lemonade for me! refreshing my mind!!!!

Sure, I thought also to sniff, but the issue is that there is not this car where I live, there is not even one to count history!!!

Then I dont have another option than other .... (BRUTE FORCE).

Basically this can bus system is a kind of two mirror signals on can high and can low, so it form waves and pauses, thus creating frequency signals when the line is up and down, it happens so quick that you cannot immagine, then in regards this signals pulse, they designed the canbus network systems, with controllers that is able to pre-determined ways, convert pulses into numbers, so i am deeply, deeply studying this stuff estep by step and got a "pic" circuit almost done for it, (the problem is the software) also today I am going to upload some videos I did, not regarding coolant temp gauge, but speed test and rpm test.

Thanks for your response, at least I was recognized from some one, I am Glad.

Thanks dude, I will update this thread as soon I get something, maybe today I will put some signal frequency test on speedometer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odju5vwvK54

HERE GOES THE TACHOMETER POSITIVE 12 VOLTS SIGNAL TEST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rJYPlRloI

Here goes the video to how that what makes the fuel gauge in this cluster to be full is a voltage signal .... a little bit more than 1.5 volts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln5egmDaBdY

Last edited by Eagle_Phoenix; 05-04-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Including videos
Old 05-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pk386

The software is called Visual Analizer, and you can download it straight from their website here:

http://www.sillanumsoft.org/download.htm
Old 05-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: s2000 ap2 coolant gauge k-lin converter

Here I am again, in order to show with this image that the canbus is not something simple like a frequency issue, it is a coded wave able to communicate with coolant temp gauge in order to firstly send a "start node" then when the logic port on system confirm it is the "ID CODE", then it proccess the data received to dicide what to do .....

IT IS NOT A SIMPLE FREQUENCY .... IT IS MUCH MORE THAN THAT, IT IS LIKE A "PPP NETWORK" OR AN ADSL SIGNAL THAT WE USUALLY USE ON HIGH SPEED INTERNET ....
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ANY IDEA WILL BE WELCOME, PLEASE LETS GET TO THE POINT OF SOFTWARES THAT IS ABLE TO BRUTE FORCE THE CAN BUS TESTING "ID PER ID".
Old 05-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The cluster discussed here will be found on any 2006-2009 with stetic changes only!!!!! so here goes the serial number of ECU, just in case some one got a firmware for it ...

Any USA 06 through 08 S2000 with the ECU part numbers found on the bar code on the side of the ECU:

* 37820-PZX-A09 through A21

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: s2000 ap2 coolant gauge k-lin converter