Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Sleeper Build Questions.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleeper Build Questions.

First, Hi! I'm new , and I need help. I want to build an extreme sleeper using a.....hear me out.....S2K EVERYTHING, and a civic body. My questions are as follows.

(1) Should I?
(2) Is it possible?
(3)What year/trim Civic body would I use?
(4) How difficult would it be?
(5) Approximate cost?

I don't want to be bashed for asking this, I just want answers. I have wanted to do this for a while now, and I just came into quite a bit of money. I would like to make it either a sleeper drag car, or the first (that I know of) drift civic (the latter would be EPIC). I don't care what body style/trim Civic I have to use. I read the specs and found out that the 92-95 hatch has the same dimensions (within an inch or two) as the AP1 S2K, except for the wheelbase. Would this be a "yank off the S2K body and replace it with the Civic body" type thing, or would be labor extensive and overly time consuming? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sleeper Build Questions.

Its actually very very simple...but expensive...and you need welding "skilllz".

You start off by buying a '99 s2k...in yellow(easier to weld)...then you have to cut exactly 2 inches from the bottom...alll the way around....once this is done...you have to purchase a civic(of your choice.....go for a coupe if you can)...then make the same cutes.....take the civic half..and weld it to the s2k half.....that way your car will be RWD.....after this...get a 4" straight pipe for an exhaust...which adds about 60 whp....should be burning mustangs at the line.....dont forget to relod your vtech manifold....
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Or, Would it be easier and/or cheaper to convert the Civic to RWD? I have a junkyard about 2 miles from my place and the owner is like a brother to me. Please help me get this done!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cuts*
reload*

also...you can weld the civic bottom to tthe s2k top.....and then have two cars!!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lx2guzman
Its actually very very simple...but expensive...and you need welding "skilllz".

You start off by buying a '99 s2k...in yellow(easier to weld)...then you have to cut exactly 2 inches from the bottom...alll the way around....once this is done...you have to purchase a civic(of your choice.....go for a coupe if you can)...then make the same cutes.....take the civic half..and weld it to the s2k half.....that way your car will be RWD.....after this...get a 4" straight pipe for an exhaust...which adds about 60 whp....should be burning mustangs at the line.....dont forget to relod your vtech manifold....
Ok, well you are a douche. If nobody can help I will go elsewhere to find my answers. Get a life and stop trolling *******.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I wana say something to **** you off bit I wont.
My honest opinion if u came into alot of money invest it. Lock it away in a cd for a couple years research exactly what you want to do than by the time your term on the cd is up maybe youll have something better to spend your money on.
I love s2k's why do u wana chop it up buy it and boost it as is theyre beautiful cars.
Or take that money put a quarter of it in a cd account than wait 2 months put another quarter in another cd account do that for a year than by next year ypull have money revolving in and out and always growing for you.
But thats my opinion.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:33 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
I wana say something to **** you off bit I wont.
OP. If you have to ask then you will NEVER get it done. I guarantee you. 99% of the people that actually accomplish these amazing feats usually have done it and post up results OR are in the midst of doing it and post a progress log as they go. I have NEVER seen them ask for some one to "Help me!". NEVER. There is nothing you can think of that hasn't already been done. You're no pioneer so find the info and use it as a guide.

Stop daydreaming. If you're going to actually do it then don't post. Just research, research and more research. Formulate a real plan and follow through.

This is a "I'm new" and "I have a dream" post all kids make when they first get on H-T that never goes anywhere.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
This is a "I'm new" and "I have a dream" post all kids make when they first get on H-T that never goes anywhere.
lmfao!!! thats so true cuz 'IF' you rreally was going to do it you wouldnt be wasting your time asking pplz on how-to when u could instead be seriouse and lookin urself .....u dont even have da shell ATLEAST!!! lol let alone the sk2
Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK, I'm not asking for a ****ing how-to, nor am I asking for ****ing financial advice (also, in my opinion ANYONE that uses E85 has no purpose around a car). I'm asking if this exact build is possible (I have looked for this build and cannot find anything about it). I know about cars as I have worked on/around them my whole life (15+ years, I'm 24). I know I'm not a ****ing "pioneer". I already bought the AP1 from the junkyard, and I got an E-mail that he has a 94 hatch with a blown engine and I'm getting it tomorrow. I AM going to at-least try this (with or without any-ones help). The only answer i need now is to number 4, the difficulty of this build (scale 1-10), and any problems I might run into along the way. If any NON-TROLLS want to give advice, I will appreciate it. Thank you.

And to flmzero13, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK PROPER ****ING ENGLISH, DON'T RESPOND TO PEOPLES QUESTIONS!!! It makes it almost impossible to read. Do everyone a favor and go back to school.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigcdog
also, in my opinion ANYONE that uses E85 has no purpose around a car
You can't be serious?

The longer wheelbase Civics will be 93-95 coupe and 96-00 coupes and sedans (same wheelbase between the two) If you want to go really exotic and do something that I thought Honda should have done from the get go, put the setup in a 92-96 prelude. Those wide rear fenders are just asking for RWD.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcdog
OK, I'm not asking for a ****ing how-to, nor am I asking for ****ing financial advice (also, in my opinion ANYONE that uses E85 has no purpose around a car). I'm asking if this exact build is possible (I have looked for this build and cannot find anything about it). I know about cars as I have worked on/around them my whole life (15+ years, I'm 24). I know I'm not a ****ing "pioneer". I already bought the AP1 from the junkyard, and I got an E-mail that he has a 94 hatch with a blown engine and I'm getting it tomorrow. I AM going to at-least try this (with or without any-ones help). The only answer i need now is to number 4, the difficulty of this build (scale 1-10), and any problems I might run into along the way. If any NON-TROLLS want to give advice, I will appreciate it. Thank you.

And to flmzero13, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK PROPER ****ING ENGLISH, DON'T RESPOND TO PEOPLES QUESTIONS!!! It makes it almost impossible to read. Do everyone a favor and go back to school.
You know, THIS is the PRIME reason you put as much info into the first post AS POSSIBLE!!! Be prepared for people to fill in the blanks when you decide to leave out big chunks of information and back-story! As for difficulty? WTF knows how difficult it will be FOR YOU? Who knows what your skill level or expertise is? If you were in any way talented in this arena you wouldn't even have to ask ANY of these questions.
Question #1 is the most nonsensical of them all.
(1) Should I? I don't know. Should you?
(2) Is it possible? I don't know. Is it possible for YOU?
(3)What year/trim Civic body would I use? Anyone you feel like. It's your project. Why are you asking US?
(4) How difficult would it be? Who knows but you? Do you even have a plan past buying parts and shells?
(5) Approximate cost? If you bought the parts you should already have an idea. There's no pricelist for custom projects like this.

You ever watch Top Chef and they give the chef mystery ingredients and they have to cobble a kick-*** dish out of it? Same thing here. Do you see them running around asking "How difficult is it?" Nope. Because they have to call on all their experience to complete the task. Exactly like what you are going to (cough) attempt to do. We're supposed to tell YOU how difficult something is? We're supposed to know your level of welding & fabrication skills? We're supposed to know your level of mechanical expertise? Please. Just because you've "been around cars" doesn't mean anything.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bigcdog you are not getting any intelligent answers because you have not asked any intelligent questions. Go get your parts and tools, start measuring, cutting, and welding; then when you have a real specific question you can ask it in the appropriate forum (welding, suspension, body, etc.) Until then you just sound like a typical 15 year old kid...
Old 01-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just trying to get some info before I started the build. Apparently that can't happen here. I am going to another forum where they actually help other people. I just want all of the trolls on this site to burn in hell. Goodbye.

To the mods, Please remove this post and ban my account. I do not need it anymore. There are too many trolls and non-knowledgeable people here that can't even answer a few simple ****ing questions. Goodbye H-T.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually, thanks to h22apwrd95 I have faith in this site. I will stay a bit to see if I get any more real answers.

Thank you h22apwrd95, that is a pretty good idea, I haven't committed myself to the Civic hatch yet. I do love the Civic body style but Preludes are cool too. Plus you are right about the rear end, and to see a Prelude sliding around a track would be absolutely EPIC! I have to do some research on the dimensions, but it is DEFINITELY a possibility. Thank you again.