Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

In process of BAR/ Reffing B16b in 98 Cx

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: In process of BAR/ Reffing B16b in 98 Cx

Did you do anything special to smog? additives? changing timing? im going to try and bar my b18c gsr...just kind of **** scared
Old 06-02-2014, 04:42 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Jeezus. Just go down to the ref station and get it done. This is like not wanting to go to the doctor when you're sick because you're scared he might give you bad news.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edwinie26
Did you do anything special to smog? additives? changing timing? im going to try and bar my b18c gsr...just kind of **** scared
I sea foamed my motor before changing plugs and cleaning 02s. As for the tank I dont remember and am lazy to read my og post but if remember correctly I might have added lucas Injector cleaner a tank prior to going not sure. And my Nox level eas brought down after doing my mini tune up. And cleaning the inside of the intake manifold and near the entrance and exit of the valves. Nothing ti b afraid of. U only pay if pass $8. Just think of it as normal smog go stock with correct ecu cat ema ima emissions canister no codes all monitors on no bad wiring and youll pass. They dont wanna see you fail. Sorry. Writing this of my smartphone at work
Old 06-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by supremeXorio
I sea foamed my motor before changing plugs and cleaning 02s. As for the tank I dont remember and am lazy to read my og post but if remember correctly I might have added lucas Injector cleaner a tank prior to going not sure. And my Nox level eas brought down after doing my mini tune up. And cleaning the inside of the intake manifold and near the entrance and exit of the valves. Nothing ti b afraid of. U only pay if pass $8. Just think of it as normal smog go stock with correct ecu cat ema ima emissions canister no codes all monitors on no bad wiring and youll pass. They dont wanna see you fail. Sorry. Writing this of my smartphone at work

I appreciate the help. I have to get a stock fuel rail I have an aem one and was told it's not for for bar by my cousin. Thanks again man. I'll thank you once I get bar'd

Mr Grumpy man, sorry it you'd understand if you lived here in Cali. No hard feelings.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:03 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I absolutely understand. You've got a jacked up setup and scared you won't pass BAR. So instead of making the setup right you want to find someway to cheat your way past it. I think I understand it pretty well.

Still don't understand why you people never call up the ref station and get the info from the horses mouth and not from friends and cousins.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My cousin bar'd his ef... Wow man lighten up there's no way to cheat bar unless you have inside man. I want it to be done right and legal hence bar. Anyhow thanks op
Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally found what I was looking for. Time to go drop the coin on a motor now. Thanks OP.

Sorry about bringing this back, but this info is valuable.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PrototypeRacer
Finally found what I was looking for. Time to go drop the coin on a motor now. Thanks OP.

Sorry about bringing this back, but this info is valuable.
Yup no problem...Just got the car blue tagged as well last week yee