Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Tech / Misc (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/)
-   -   Problem with the car pulling left when accelerating then right when decelerating (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/problem-car-pulling-left-when-accelerating-then-right-when-decelerating-1744639/)

GRANT! 09-06-2006 07:29 PM

Problem with the car pulling left when accelerating then right when decelerating

Alright as the topic states, I'm having an issue with my car pulling to the left when i give it gas and when i let off the gas the car pulls back to the right.

I have a 94 RS Integra. I recently did a complete type-r swap. I used the same axles at first, but they started making noise so i took my car to the same place that did my swap and had him replace the axles. He bought NEW axels from NAPA not the remanned ones. Now driving the car the car will shutter/vibrate around 40mph and on and off the freeway when i give the car gas the car will pull to the left. When i let off the gas the car pulls back to the right. I can actually hold the steering wheel still and when i press the gas the car turns to the left and the steering wheel does not move. I have gotten the car aligned and the car does not drive any better at all. the only other thing that was replaced recently was the clutch and i added energy suspension motor mount inserts.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreicated has the car does not feel safe to drive. http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif

edit: Tonight I was driving the car down the freeway. The car was pulling to the left, and i put the car in neutral and let it roll. As soon as I pressed the clutch in, the car straightened up and started driving fine. The whole time the car was in neutral it drove straight. When I pressed the clutch in it was like something just let go of the steering wheel and the car quit pulling.

GRANT! 09-06-2006 08:50 PM

anything?

crAppAchic0 09-06-2006 09:03 PM

Re: (K . I . N . G !)

just to ask - how are the motor/tranny mounts? If they're questionable, or obviously worn/out of place- that would do it... Other than the usual halfshaft/ bearing load issues...

And with any reman halfshafts- I'd suspect those. I've heard of instances where you can get three or four sets of the same line of halfshaft before getting 'good' or 'functional' ones...

Yeah- these are just guesses... never had that problem before personally.

GRANT! 09-06-2006 09:08 PM

Re: (crAppAchic0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crAppAchic0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just to ask - how are the motor/tranny mounts? If they're questionable, or obviously worn/out of place- that would do it... Other than the usual halfshaft/ bearing load issues...

And with any reman halfshafts- I'd suspect those. I've heard of instances where you can get three or four sets of the same line of halfshaft before getting 'good' or 'functional' ones...

Yeah- these are just guesses... never had that problem before personally.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really appreicate your help, but did you read my post? I stated that the axles were new not remanned. Are you talking about the mounts themselves? Because I also installed energy suspension motor mount inserts.

crAppAchic0 09-06-2006 09:19 PM

Re: (K . I . N . G !)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K . I . N . G ! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really appreicate your help, but did you read my post? I stated that the axles were new not remanned. Are you talking about the mounts themselves? Because I also installed energy suspension motor mount inserts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah - sorry didn't catch the _new, not remanned_ part...

Well, with the ES poly inserts, even if your old mounts were shot, they'd probably push things close into place- I've heard of several cases though- where people drop those inserts in their old mounts- which is generally bad bad bad... the old mounts already have slack in them, so the poly will basically destory whatever is left of your old mounts, think of it in terms of momentum... usually best to pick up a set of new oem-style mounts.

Other than that, maybe one of the inserts is binding _exceptionally_ bad... but that would be obvious just by looking at it if it was...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help though...

GRANT! 09-06-2006 10:43 PM

Re: (crAppAchic0)

I can takes pics of the engine bay. But, they look fine to me.

GRANT! 09-07-2006 05:03 PM

still having problems

88-B16-Civic 09-09-2006 10:02 AM

I had a sim. prob.
I have a 88 jdm b16a swap in my HB..
The tranny is a ys1 with limited skip, I filled up my tranny with wrong oil ( way to thick ) and mine did that.. my limited slip wasnt working.. gear oil was to thick and the clutchs didnt grab. so it basically was OPen diff, Under hard acceleration it pulled left.. when down shifting it would pull right because just the right side was pulling..

Hope this helps..
Best of luck

GRANT! 09-09-2006 12:53 PM

Re: (88-B16-Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88-B16-Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had a sim. prob.
I have a 88 jdm b16a swap in my HB..
The tranny is a ys1 with limited skip, I filled up my tranny with wrong oil ( way to thick ) and mine did that.. my limited slip wasnt working.. gear oil was to thick and the clutchs didnt grab. so it basically was OPen diff, Under hard acceleration it pulled left.. when down shifting it would pull right because just the right side was pulling..

Hope this helps..
Best of luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

What viscosity should be used?

tofu man 11-28-2006 10:32 AM

Re: Problem with the car pulling left when accelerating then right when decelerating (G . r . A . n

https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif for more info

91SiZ6 11-28-2006 12:34 PM

Honda MTF or Syncromesh...I believe it's friction modified for LSD transmissions from the Chevy dealer and the regular Penzoil from AutoZone for regular transmissions.

Milan0Gsr 11-28-2006 08:58 PM

still having problems would like to know if you figured the problem out

tofu man 11-29-2006 09:42 AM

Re: (Milan0Gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Milan0Gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">still having problems would like to know if you figured the problem out</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i sure am

the car just goes left and right not really pulls any certian direction anymore.

91SiZ6 11-29-2006 12:13 PM

Have you tried getting an alignment yet?

Jason.H. 12-02-2006 01:24 PM

Re: (91SiZ6)

bad from lca bushings are probably ur problem

tofu man 12-02-2006 02:21 PM

car has been aligned two times, i have replaced axles, motor mounts, front upper and lower lca, and rear lca

tofu man 05-09-2007 03:01 PM

Re: (cw.tech)

bump for more info!!

I have had this same problem for 8 MONTHS!!!!!!!