Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Phearable ECU is no good- Thats why my Code 4 will not go away!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phearable ECU is no good- Thats why my Code 4 will not go away!!

I ordered a chipped OBD1 VTEC ECU from phearable.net and ends up, my ecu is no good. Ive been fighting to figure out my check engine light for my code 4 crank angle sensor and today i finally came across what was wrong. I put a new distributor on and it still was there, well ive checked my wiring numerous times and its good. Today i replaced my ECU with an automatic P28 and my code 4 went away but i had a code 19 which is for automatic something due to the fact that it was an ecu for an automatic car.

Does anybody know the chances of me getting another replacement from them?
Are they good with customer service, as far as i can tell they are good guys and all, guess ill find out tomorrow when i make that phone call to them.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Phearable ECU is no good- Thats why my Code 4 will not go away!! (vtec93accord)

how long has it been since you got the ecu? did you try contacting him when you first had problems when you installed the ecu?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:57 AM

No i didnt because i wanted to make sure it wasnt other things before i did all that. Plus i had a TPS code that i had to get rid of as well.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (vtec93accord)

At this point, then, once you've figured out it's the ECU you should contact him instead of making a post with his name on it. This kind of stuff makes people look bad to those searching for the name even though he'll replace it if it's a recent purchase.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought an ECU from them last June, and then in January contacted them because I still swore it had a problem, and they were really nice about everything, even 6 months later.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (HRTuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At this point, then, once you've figured out it's the ECU you should contact him instead of making a post with his name on it. This kind of stuff makes people look bad to those searching for the name even though he'll replace it if it's a recent purchase.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. Why would you even make this post without contacting him first. He will fix it.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:34 AM

I wasnt trying to make anybody look bad as it was just a simple question. I know they have a good reputation and the problem is in the process of being corrected as we speak. They have great customer service as i have been called back and all same day, just a couple hours after i contacted them. Nothing bad to say about them at all.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 AM

I spoke to Jeremy today. The ecu does work, however it was throwing a code 4 for no reason. We are going to replace the unit for him

These kinds of issues can arise every once and a while when your dealing with ecus which are over 10 years old
Old 04-08-2008, 11:14 AM

Default Re: (Jakester9500)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jakester9500 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought an ECU from them last June, and then in January contacted them because I still swore it had a problem, and they were really nice about everything, even 6 months later.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I try and make every customer happy.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mtber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I try and make every customer happy. </TD></TR></TABLE>

mtber has great costumer service. I can vouche for him any day. I don't think you should had post his name like that before he can fix the problem. The only reason you should post his name up, as if he wasn't going to fix the problem. Even after this post, I'll still going to buy my s300 from mtber. for any day.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:16 PM

Like i said, i wasnt bashing anybody, he has great customer service. If i was going to bash him i would've made a long and drawn out post on it but no, everything is settled, so let it be. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mn_babyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

mtber has great costumer service. I can vouche for him any day. I don't think you should had post his name like that before he can fix the problem. The only reason you should post his name up, as if he wasn't going to fix the problem. Even after this post, I'll still going to buy my s300 from mtber. for any day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec93accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like i said, i wasnt bashing anybody, he has great customer service. If i was going to bash him i would've made a long and drawn out post on it but no, everything is settled, so let it be. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't worry about it, people simply view the post as a complaint/bashing.
Just im a moderator to have the thread deleted :-)