Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Need Hehp been working/ seaching for info sense b4 sept so plz look and help me

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help been working/ searching for info sense b4 sept so plz look and help me

OK well here is pretty much the details 00 si pretty stock exhaust and intake. This all started like i said b4 sept. last year so its been going on to long and i just need help idk wtf to do any more with it lol.

Probs (in order as they occured)

1. speedo stopped working at total random
2. all dash lights when off i turned car back on everything was fine
3. while driving the rpm guage stopps working
4. car begins the idle rough as ****
5. it dies and dosent even have enough power left to get even the annoying key in ignition sound
6. Took the car to a freind of the family that is all a mech. and found that the 7.5 amp fuse for the radio was creating a draw. So i remeoved it, after that the battery only goes down if i drive it
7. Took the car to honda to have a diagnostics done or w/e, the engine codes and probs they saw were this,

code p1298 aka circuit high voltage
code p0500 vehicle speed
code p0325 knock sensor
code p0141 o2 sensor 1 and 2
PCM will loose connection at times
wires cut and retaped at ecm ( was a vafc controller i know all my wiring is correct)
knock sensor missing (it wasnt so idk wtf they are one)
They also told me that b/c my pcm was loosing connection at times it was causing the alt not to kick on and off.

What i have done to try to fix it.

Bought new speedo put it in and also tested old one both were good no effect at all
Bought new ecu no effect at all
Put in a good guage cluster no effect at all
Took off engine harness and checked for bad wires ect.
Took off alt. had it tested it was good
Took out bat had it tested it is good
Put in a new knock sensor

So after doing all that its still the same old **** another day and idk wtf to do anymore should i get a new engine harness and put it on b/c i have eliminated the ecu speed sensor and cluster so it must be wiring. Or should i be searching for some random dash wire that is messed up? btw i have searched the engine bay and took most of the dash stuff apart looking for any loose connections grounds ect.

Modified by BKGuy at 11:46 AM 1/8/2007
Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Help been working/ searching for info sense b4 sept so plz look and help me (BKGuy)

dude you should really try to do some diagnostics before you just start throwing expensive parts at it. It will always save time and $$ in the long run. Ive worked for Honda for 5 years, so hears my 2 cents.

Speedo problem: VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor. located on top of transmission. This is very very common and is a simple fix. I know they have em on Ebay for pretty cheap. Just get the electrical part, the mechanical part rarely goes bad.

Tach problem: Ignitor. Also very common problem. Also can be found on Ebay for a reasonable price. Its located inside the distributor cap and can easily be changed out.

P0141. This code is for the secondary O2 sensor only. NOT the primary. This will not affect engine performance or anything else for that matter. This code alone does not put your car in "limp" mode. Usually just requires replacing the sensor.

P0325. You will have to do diagnostics on the knock sensor circuit to determine the problem. This is not a common problem and is very likely a short in the wiring somewhere.

Charging problem: Have you had your charging system checked while everything was in the car and it was running? The dealer can guess all they want, but without testing it (and giving you the printout) no one will ever know what the problem is.

Hope this helps

spoonmectr