Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Tech / Misc (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/)
-   -   Main Relay question....RZ-0132 vs. RZ-0159 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/main-relay-question-rz-0132-vs-rz-0159-a-3040871/)

just_bn_me83 03-26-2012 08:00 AM

Main Relay question....RZ-0132 vs. RZ-0159

I am trying to track down the cause to why my car will not start when it rains. Been through a lot of forums and articles, my first step is going to be replacing the main relay for the fuel pump and injectors. There is currently a MITSUBA RZ-0132 in the car (97 civic cx) I found a company on ebay that remans them, but I would rather buy one new, which I can't find. I read somewhere that the RZ-0159 is the same part/interchangable... which i found a new one listed on ebay...any validity to this being same part? Don't see why they would build two seperate parts if they both fit the same vehicles...? Anyone know of the difference?

mechanix619 03-26-2012 12:39 PM

Re: Main Relay question....RZ-0132 vs. RZ-0159

Originally Posted by just_bn_me83 (Post 47088610)
I am trying to track down the cause to why my car will not start when it rains. Been through a lot of forums and articles, my first step is going to be replacing the main relay for the fuel pump and injectors. There is currently a MITSUBA RZ-0132 in the car (97 civic cx) I found a company on ebay that remans them, but I would rather buy one new, which I can't find. I read somewhere that the RZ-0159 is the same part/interchangable... which i found a new one listed on ebay...any validity to this being same part? Don't see why they would build two seperate parts if they both fit the same vehicles...? Anyone know of the difference?

Have you verified that the main relay is the root cause of this issue?

RPMhondaJDM 04-11-2012 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by just_bn_me83 (Post 47088610)

Yes they are the same.
http://stores.ebay.com/All-Parts-Jap..._sid=859289636

turbohatch96y7 04-11-2012 11:22 PM

Buy a multi meter and test your relay its very simple.
You have 2 coils inside wich should ohm out to a certain resistance for your 12v system.
After that test continuity across the contact tips, you wouldd have to apply a 12v positive and a ground to your coils in the relay. Now this is to bench test the relay. You could test the coil a lot easier with it still on the car.
Pretty much test for a missing positive and a negative. To your coil. And a missing positive output from the relay. If you have voltage leaving the relay to your ecu and injectors the relay isn't the problem. Its late and this info is really scattered ill edit it in the morning. Let me know if you have a multi meter.

turbohatch96y7 04-11-2012 11:23 PM

With the key on if your injectors have 12v your relay is not the problem.

just_bn_me83 04-16-2012 08:54 AM

Haven't had another incident yet with the car not starting and it's rained a few good times. The only thing I have been doing different is letting the relay go through it's motions in the ON position before starting it. Works fine every time. Next time it rains I will try to just stick key in and start it to see if it will not start again.