Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Tech / Misc (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/)
-   -   Lsv Build.. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/lsv-build-2969280/)

Jay_Mills 08-15-2011 10:19 AM

Lsv Build..

okay guys soo i gotta few questions on the lsv build and the b20v build..
soo im think about vtec'n either my 95 b18b or my 95 b20b.. i just wanted to know what build would be better if i ever wanted to go turbo? or would one of them be better just to stay V. Also i would like to know if anybody knows/ knows of a thread that can give me a pretty good idea one what parts i will need to buy.. i already have the b16 head and i know i need a new oil pump.. what else do i need/ need to do though?

boostedteg909 08-18-2011 02:56 AM

Re: Lsv Build..

b20v's dnt hold a lotta boost. the cylinder walls r very thin. they make a greaalt built n/a motor tho. lsvtecs hold boost pretty well (i hav one) a quick parts list for either motor: ls head gasket, vtec oil pump, gsr 22t water pump, gsr timing belt, lsv oil line nd head plug, lsv conversion dowel pins, chipped ecu. i may b forgettin somethin. i kno on ht theres a thread on "how to build a reliable lsvtec". i dnt kno how to post a link. but u should b able to find it

grumblemarc 08-18-2011 03:51 AM

I thought you couldn't run a B20 in Cali?

boostedteg909 08-18-2011 11:37 AM

not legally ;) u can get em barred tho. i got a friend of mine wit a barred b20 in his civic

Jay_Mills 08-19-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 45860210)
I thought you couldn't run a B20 in Cali?

Yea imma get it bar'd if I build the b20v but sooner or later I do wanna go turbo soo I think I'm just gonna build the lsv setup instead because I get some great deals on turbos b'cuz I have a friend that build them for a company..

Jay_Mills 08-19-2011 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by boostedteg909 (Post 45862595)
not legally ;) u can get em barred tho. i got a friend of mine wit a barred b20 in his civic

Thnx for the info bro it was helpful. And I dnt need new pistons or anything? Or sleeves?

boostedteg909 08-19-2011 11:37 AM

u can get away wit using stock sleeves. jus dnt go crazy on ur boost nd get it tuned very well. but sleeves will giv u the piece of mind of a strong motor. wnt hav to wrry bout em crackin so muchcuz most r rated to like 700-800whp. even higher. nd they wnt "walk" under boost like the stock sleeves tend to do. either way u go i would highly recommend getting pistons. im personally runnin wiseco low comp pistons in mine. a common comp. ratio for boost is between 9:1-9.5:1. so if u plan to run without boost for a bit they will still giv u decent driveability. rods wouldnt b a bad idea either. manley h-beams r good to like 600hp nd rnt too expensive. i paid 750 for my rod nd pistin combo. any parts u buy when it comes to ur rotating assembly r valvetrain, DNT GO CHEAP. itll b worth buyin the good stuff first. saves money in the long run nd u wnt hav to work twice