Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Looking for a machinist (specifically align honing) advice and cam bearings

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a machinist (specifically align honing) advice and cam bearings

Hey to whoever is reading this, I am glad you've taken the time to read my question.
Firstly, I have searched high and low on here and have found no information that gives me a clear solution or idea to my query. I want to know if there's any guys out there who've opted to add cam bearings to their B series VTEC cylinder head, whether for durability reasons or for a performance gain. I know the mains are cast with the head and the surface of them machined and align honed, but I want to know if people have taken the task upon themselves to bore the mains and add steel bearings. I am doing this for more than fear of oil starvation, I just have a really decent ported and polished head that I want to keep, but the number one intake side cam main is worn oblong due to a poor head job(from the cam main bolts being improperly torqued).
Also, I've been in contact with the local machine shop and they say its possible, but I just want to see if theres people here who've done it or know someone who has, and if it actually works before I dump $400 on this service. Thanks in advance

Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for a machinist (specifically align honing) advice and cam bearings

Hate to revive this but I don't think it was ever alive. Has anyone dealt with this before? Thanks