Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Help me Understanding about installing clutch master cylinder!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me Understanding about installing clutch master cylinder!!

ok, i need to install cluch master cylinder, my question is, before i take off old

old master cylinder, i need to drain fluid all the way empty? and put new and start

bleed them as filling in? other question is, is it bad after install new unit and push

w/o any fluid in the line or tank?? cause i heard that i will damage the valve in the

master cylinder?? please clear this questions for me. thanks
Old 04-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help me Understanding about installing clutch master cylinder!! (online)

Your making things waaaaay to complicated. Take off the line that supplies fluid to the master cyl. Unbolt master cyl. Bolt new master cyl on. Hook up line. Bleed the line untill you dont have air in it anymore. You will need more fluid when bleeding it.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Help me Understanding about installing clutch master cylinder!! (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaze45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your making things waaaaay to complicated. Take off the line that supplies fluid to the master cyl. Unbolt master cyl. Bolt new master cyl on. Hook up line. Bleed the line untill you dont have air in it anymore. You will need more fluid when bleeding it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Baiscally, when you unbolt the line you should have it pinched tight (not too tight) with vice-grips or something like that to keep the fluid from running out. Then pull the cylinder, put new one in. You'll have air in the line so it'll need bled. It won't hurt any valve by pressing the clutch in to get the fluid circulated. Also, you may need to adjust the cylinder to how the old one is. The locknut may be at a different spot compared to the one you're pulling out, so don't freak out if it feels different, just adjust it.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help me Understanding about installing clutch master cylinder!! (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaze45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your making things waaaaay to complicated. Take off the line that supplies fluid to the master cyl. Unbolt master cyl. Bolt new master cyl on. Hook up line. Bleed the line untill you dont have air in it anymore. You will need more fluid when bleeding it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help me Understanding about installing clutch master cylinder!! (online)

Bench bleed the cylinder first, Just put some fluid in the reservior and use a screwdriver to push a little fluid thru first. This way you know it works before you do the install. And you lub the internal seals
Just drain the cylinder not the whole system. Just so you don't spill
Swap it out. Fill the reservior
bleed the system, and good to go!