Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once? (Scott_Tucker)

maybe im wrong but this could be because ur using an unbaffled oil pan. why did u do this modification to ur oil pan? the baffle helps keep oil by the pickup. if the baffle is not present the pick up might not be able suck a sufficient amount of oil to the pump during acceleration, turning, and breaking. just a thought.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once? (whoneedzvtec)

When you say "unbaffled," are you referring to the oil pan or are you referring to the windage tray, oftentimes referred to as the baffle?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once? (spicyEM1)

dang ive always wanted to see a motor that either

throws more than 3 rods or spins every bearing

Old 08-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

scammer, this guys name use to be str8_rippin, sold me a hondata that he claimed to be a s200b but it was a stage 2
Old 08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once? (eg crunkmonster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg crunkmonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">scammer, this guys name use to be str8_rippin, sold me a hondata that he claimed to be a s200b but it was a stage 2 </TD></TR></TABLE>

I got scammed recently by another member on this board. I guess this is what you call karma.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once? (Takumi Fujiwara)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg crunkmonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">scammer, this guys name use to be str8_rippin, sold me a hondata that he claimed to be a s200b but it was a stage 2 </TD></TR></TABLE>

I got that hondata off honda-tech abought 6 months before I sold it to you. I never used it and when I bought it I was told I was buying a S200B. Sorry man if it wasent so long ago I would be willing to help you out. I took a 50$ loss selling it anyways because I need money so bad at the time.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats besides the point, u disappeared oh h-t and sold me the wrong item i still have it.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once? (eg crunkmonster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg crunkmonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats besides the point, u disappeared oh h-t and sold me the wrong item i still have it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dident disapeared, I got band for the dumbest sh*t and had to make a new account. I made a comment saying someones car looked mexican witch it did (altezza's on a primer dodge neon). I dident have any idea just like you dident when you first got it. You saw it in person before you boght it. This deal is over a year old and you had my # it's still the same and you never tryed to contact me till now?
Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ummm no i lost it....and i never saw it before u sent it and a year? get ur **** right its only been 5 months thats because i wasnt able to find u
Old 08-13-2006, 11:31 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg crunkmonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ummm no i lost it....and i never saw it before u sent it and a year? get ur **** right its only been 5 months thats because i wasnt able to find u</TD></TR></TABLE>

whoa whoa chill, you got the item, I was in contact with you the hole time we were dealing and we ended it on a good note till now. All I can say is when you got the hondata, took it out of the box and it was not what you expected you should have contacted me then, not 5 months or a year later.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i didnt know it wasnt a s200b until someone told me and thats when u dissappeared on h-t and i got a new phone contract so i couldnt go back and find ur number on the verizon online statements.

(11:43 PM 2/8/2006) eg crunkmonster: 220 shipped for the s200b???
(7:46 PM 2/9/2006) str8 rippin: umm... $275 shipped
(8:04 PM 2/9/2006) eg crunkmonster: 250
(9:53 AM 2/10/2006) str8 rippin: okey deal, how do you want to pay? if you chose paypal you gotta add there 3.4% my account is blclairemont@hotmail.com. let me know
(8:18 PM 2/10/2006) eg crunkmonster: money sent
(8:18 PM 2/10/2006) eg crunkmonster: get me a tracking number asap
(8:30 AM 2/11/2006) eg crunkmonster: when do u think u are gonna send it out?

I got scammed by u. thats the bold truth
Old 08-15-2006, 01:28 PM

okey I really dont give a crap anymore, and like I said I dident know it wasent a s200b just like you dident. You seem to have all the excuses of how and why you couldent get in contact with me around the time of the transaction when you're loot was still at hand. You're money has sence been spend on weed, liquor and girls so if it makes you feel any better it did go to a good cause. their is not much I can at this point as you can see my car is broken and I dont have that kinda money to refund you. to bad you dident have enough comuncation or orginzational skill to keep you're **** together. bye.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess u were ignorant enough to post a racist comment to get your dumbass banned so i couldnt contact u. i guess im gonna call my credit card company
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Back to the point, plastigate is an okay method, but can be thrown off if you do it wrong, like measuring it with the crank still in the car... I would recommend that you pull the engine, disassemble it completely and clean it out. If it stopped up the VTEC solenoid, you can bet there's more of that crap laying around, and they dont wash out easily.

Always use a high quality micrometer to measure the crank journals both for diameter, roundness and taper. Do the same with the main housings with a bore gauge. Also check them for straightness. Have the crankshaft inspected and micropolished if its still good.

Once you get the crank back, measure it as above and do the math to get the desired oil clearence and order the bearings from Honda. Btw, Clevite, ACL, etc's standard size is the equalivent to the green bearing from Honda. But I always recommend Honda anyway.

For the math impaired, you take the main housing bore for a particular journal, and add .0015 to the crankshaft journal number and subtract that from the main housing, and you should have the recommended bearing thickness.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=715505

Follow the above link for the bearing sizes.

Wash everything in solvent, then with hot water and soap, and brush everything you can, and use a pressure washer to clean it off. Be sure to remove the gallery plugs so you can clean those throughoutly.

Janos
Old 09-01-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: help, how did I spin all my main bearings at once? (Janos Lin)

hey Janos thanks for your help. I ended up pulling the engine and crank and had it inspected but they said it needed to be grinded witch runs at 300$ because Honda cranks have a surface hardening treatment that would have to be done again after grinding. I ended up getting an Eagle Crank and rods for 700 and had the head and block cleaned through. also Im gonna slap a new oil pump in their but I am still worried that their is metal shaving through my vtec solenoid and turbo. I was thinking mabey I can start the car with the turbo drain line draining into a bucket to flush it out before letting it go back into my motor. this of course would be done for a short amount of time with extra oil to start.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just rinse out the solenoid part in solvent and clean the screen. It should be fine after that. As for the turbo, you could run solvent through the hoses but I'm not sure exactly how the internals of the turbo would deal with metal shavings. Might want to check out what to do about that. Be sure to replace the oil filter after a short drive. Chances are it might pick up some crap that was still in there somewhere and filter it out. You dont want to have that floating around in there until the next oil change.

Janos
Old 12-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spicyEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're money has sence been spend on weed, liquor and girls so if it makes you feel any better it did go to a good cause. their is not much I can at this point as you can see my car is broken and I dont have that kinda money to refund you. to bad you dident have enough comuncation or orginzational skill to keep you're **** together. bye. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahhahaha thats funny