Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

help: car won;t go into any gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Night Owl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help!! car won't go into any gear

'Here is the situation: the other day I was getting onto the freeway and my car made a nasty 2-3 grind. Ever since then it has barely been drivable and wouldn't go into any gear without a lot of elbow grease. Today I went and put some more fluid in the clutch mc reservior, which appears to be slowly losing fluid and it got even worse.
It won't go into any gear at all. It makes a loud grind when I try to force it into 3rd and it will go into reverse but makes a horrible metal- on metal grind. If I start the car with the gearbox in first, it will go into gear but soon freezes up again, along with making a horrible screech when I let out the clutch.
I'm just trying to pinpoint the problem so I can get it fixed. I don't know if it's my clutch or my slave cylinder or possibly even the pilot bearing. Any knowledgeable answers will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help!! car won't go into any gear (shutupnskate)

process of elimination, check the clutch lines and and go from there
Old 01-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help!! car won't go into any gear (Leo.C)

How about you learn how to drive a stick...congratfucklations...you suck at life
Old 01-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help!! car won't go into any gear (My DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by My DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about you learn how to drive a stick...congratfucklations...you suck at life </TD></TR></TABLE>

Unneccessary comment. Keep these to yourself when there is a legitimate question at hand please.

As far as loosing the fluid, as djbutler007 stated, check the lines and go from there for every gasket and seal that there could be. As far as the car not going into gear, if you're loosing fluid I would IMAGINE something is already screwed up to the point that it needs replaced. I would go with your instincts on the bearings, but someone else may be able to help you out a little better with pinpointing it exactly.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help!! car won't go into any gear (bart2546)

my gsr did this because my slave cylinder was leaking so if your losing fluid from the clutch master cylinder resevoir i would def check your slave cylinder for leaking if it looks fine bleed the slave cylinder to get all the air out
Old 01-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: help!! car won't go into any gear (jdmbeegee)

look under the carpet around the clutch pedal for fluid. If there is a trail of fluid, your clutch master cylinder has **** the bed. I had this happen to me twice. The first time it took me a while to figure it out. I happened to break off one of the vibration dampeners on the friction plate. It made it really difficult to shift after that, until I replaced the clutch, slave ( for kicks ), and C.M.C. ( In my experience its best to use oem honda ). Now it's all good. GL
Old 01-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help!! car won't go into any gear (bart2546)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bart2546 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Unneccessary comment. Keep these to yourself when there is a legitimate question at hand please.

As far as loosing the fluid, as djbutler007 stated, check the lines and go from there for every gasket and seal that there could be. As far as the car not going into gear, if you're loosing fluid I would IMAGINE something is already screwed up to the point that it needs replaced. I would go with your instincts on the bearings, but someone else may be able to help you out a little better with pinpointing it exactly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I apologize to you, it's just that the host of this thread has left the same comment before...just returning the favor..again I truly apologize for the irrational comment.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:07 AM

fucked up syncros?