Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Coolant in spark plug chamber/tube

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant in spark plug chamber/tube

My Integra LS turbo was choking during high rpm. I didn't know what was going on, but decide to check my spark plug. After taking out the first wire, there was coolant dripping from it. Looking inside shows coolant flooded the spark plug tube. It's the spark plug close to the dizzy. There's a good amount of coolant on it, I had to use a tower to soak up all the coolant. I was thinking the head gasket was blown, but it's unlikely as the coolant are on top of the spark plug. All the other spark plugs are fine though. I check my oil dipstick and there's no sign of coolant or milky white oil. Car would still drive fine after soaking up all the coolant, but it'll flood again if you drive it. Where could the coolant come from. How would I go about fixing this. Is there a gasket by the spark plug area? Any idea.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Coolant in spark plug chamber/tube (Tenji)

Coolant or just water? I'd pressure test the coolant system to see if there are any cracks located by the spark plugs hole. Cant think of why or where it can come from but thats what I'd do, plus check that valve cover and make sure its sound too. with those O-rings above the spark plug hole, hope some of this helps.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Coolant in spark plug chamber/tube

It's definitely coolant. I swapped all the plugs out and it does seem it's only in the number 2 tube.

I drove it around for a while, it idles like crap, but it idled better this morning when I just ripped the air filter off. I didn't have this car before this weekend, I bought it last weekend for $400, and I'm trying to re-sell it at that.

It's just too much work for me to go through.

Plug two was oil fouled. but I am willing to be that has to do with the exhaust pipe being busted and being pushed too hard with it not working 100%.

It does work, but it's so so bad, I just can't risk putting money into it.

I will say without it being on the compression test was fine, didn't leak anything, as soon as it warmed up the coolant leaked into plug 2.