Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

HELP hot start problem and idles rough

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP hot start problem and idles rough

Well over the past 2 weeks ive tried a ton of things on my car. Dizzy, coolent temp sensor(used), ecu, main relay, iacv(used), checked tps, timing. i did plugs wires cap rotor. And still have made no progress. Rough idle like 800-900 constant up down almost like i have cams. And when i drive it up to operating temp it wont start but i can bump start it.

the car is a 92 civic with a jdm gsr bored .020 with lower comp pistons and rods with a peakboost kit on it.

Now when the problem came up was under normal driving conditions i wasnt beating on it so i dont think i have bent valves or ne thing but i dunno.

Is there anything im over looking guys PLEASE HELP im just about out of ideas

O and ther are no cels or any thing when i try to pull a code all i get is a solid light.

Thanks in advance any one that can help.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP
Old 07-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

today i decided to take it out and see if anything would happen when i got on it and it would break up really bad after 6000 so again any input would be great
Old 08-20-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: (MindLess311)

I found your post because I am having the same problems. ANYONE diagnosed this. A few years back I was having a hot start problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump rely (cold solder joints). Diagnosed by this board, but this is different. Next I will replace the fuel filter as it is old, but after that I am out of ideas. I thought it might be the Air Idle Control valve but the fuel, drops off in the upper RMP range like you having as well, not just idle. All of these problems are only when hot/warmed up.

I am going to trash this car because of it, and I know it is something easy and dumb like the relay, but just can't keep swapping parts. I took it to a guy and he said these Honda's just loose their idles when they get higher mileage?

1994 Civic w/ LS Swap (18B)

I am counting on you all to save this POS.

Thanks in advance