Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

clutch switch under clutch pedal??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch switch under clutch pedal??

Well I just solved my clutch problem with the release bearing going to deep into the hub causing my gears not wanting to go in(a recently common Exedy clutch problem since they are sending notices with their clutch kit now I heard). I just adjusted the push rod under the pedal to gain more freeplay. The
Helm's (pg. 12-4) say to also adjust the clutch switch and clutch interlock switch so that these switch-looking things w/ a button-like tip would touch the arm of the pedal (hard to explain, but for whoever knows what I'm talkin about...) as the pedal comes back up for the clutch switch and as the pedal is pressed down for the interlock switch. I know that the clutch interlock switch is supposed to sense the pedal in the pressed down position in order to allow the vehicle to be started and that is fine, but what is the other one(the clutch switch) for? After adjusting the pushrod, I can no longer get the pedal to come back up and press that button/switch. I adjusted that clutch switch as far as it'll go down, but it won't reach the pedal's arm. What is this switch and is it necessary?
Old 11-13-2002, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: clutch switch under clutch pedal?? (3rdGteg)

What is this switch and is it necessary?
It's for the cruise control. If that switch isn't being pushed closed, the cruise won't work.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Trial User

Default Re: clutch switch under clutch pedal?? (Chiovnidca)

What is this switch and is it necessary?
It's for the cruise control. If that switch isn't being pushed closed, the cruise won't work.
Thank You, I don't even use the cruise control so I guess I don't really need to worry about that switch being pressed then No cel for that switch either so screw it. Thanks again
Old 11-14-2002, 02:07 PM

What tranny do you have the clutch in? I have the excedy in my ls tranny and if I adjust the pedal so there is no play up top it pushes down to far and grinds. I have it adjusted perfect now as far as shifting but the pedal still pops all the way back up and there is a lot of play up top.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can you give me a link or explain to me how to adjust the clutch pedal, i have an ACT street disc with the heavy duty pressure plate and when i'm stopped and i have the car in first with the clutch pedal pressed to the floor the car will move a little if i rev the motor...
Old 11-14-2002, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch switch under clutch pedal?? (dubnine)

I have almost the same problem with my ACT HD pressure plate/street disc also. When the clutch is cold, it engages very close to the floor, and then gets better as it heats up after a few shifts and miles of stoplights.... I'm not sure if I glazed my clutch or warped it or something, but it sure is strange...
Old 11-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch switch under clutch pedal?? (dubnine)

This means that your clutch is always engaged even when the clutch is fully depressed? That is going to cause premature wear and eventual failure.
How long has it been doing this? Have you bled your clutch lately? Check your fluid also and make sure you have enough and ur clutch master cylinder isnt leaking if it happens to be low.