Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

which is it: clutch, master cylinder, or slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which is it: clutch, master cylinder, or slave cylinder

I was driving my ls swapped hatch the other day, had it revved up to about 5.5k in first, and went to shift into second and the clutch didn't disengage.

I immedately thought the clutch was bad, but after that one incident it hasn't done it again since. There were no signs of anything wrong with my clutch up until that point, and it doesn't slip at all.

The clutch has about 80k on it.

Now, after the fact, my car drives slightly different. Pedal feel is the same, and there are no odd noises, but it sometimes shifts silky smooth, but other times doesn't want to shift, almost as if I didn't even push the clutch in and I'm trying to power shift it. I won't go into gear sometimes and will give that whinning noise.

Based on what has happened so far what would you think it is? The clutch, clutch master cylinder, or slave cylinder?

The clutch fluid is at a good level, and no visual issues.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: which is it: clutch, master cylinder, or slave cylinder (bambbrose)

the clutch. Im pretty sure about this isnt the same thing happened to my ex-girls GSR. I replaced the slave cylinder since it was leaking but it wasnt the problem so i dropped the trans and the a spring in the hub of the disk and broken loose and would get between the diska nd the flywheel so it would shift sometimes and then it wouldnt
Old 07-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm almost positive it's the clutch as well. Just driving it today and the pedal did it again, but this time afterwards the pedal now makes a clicking feeling every time you push it down. Time for a new clutch I think