Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

B18A1: Does This Upper Coolant Radiator Hose line go to Heater Core Inlet Hose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default B18A1: Does This Upper Coolant Radiator Hose line go to Heater Core Inlet Hose?

The one below the coolant inlet. I'm doing a B swap and I think I have all the coolant lines routed correctly but I don't see where this one would go. I am following the diagram below and I can't tell where it is supposed to go. It looks like it goes to the bottom of the throttle body but I don't see any extra places to hook it up. One goes from my MAF (i think?) to the rear of the engine and the other side of the MAF is looped to the bottom of the throttle body, from there it goes to the tstat housing. Then there are two lines from something else on the bottom of the intake that go to the T stat housing.
Attached Images    

Last edited by MastaFlyMason; 09-10-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B18A1: Does This Upper Coolant Radiator Hose line go to Heater Core Inlet Hose?

Based on the diagram, it seems to be connected to a unit before it goes to the lower radiator. You can back track from the lower radiator hose to that unit in question and see if there any outlet open? Can you also get a good picture of the back of the engine below the intake manifold.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18A1: Does This Upper Coolant Radiator Hose line go to Heater Core Inlet Hose?

I never could figure out where it went to I ended up just blocking it off. I haven't gotten the car up to temp yet but it starts, runs, and idles and doesn't leak coolant anywhere so hopefully whatever it is wasn't needed.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MastaFlyMason
I never could figure out where it went to I ended up just blocking it off. I haven't gotten the car up to temp yet but it starts, runs, and idles and doesn't leak coolant anywhere so hopefully whatever it is wasn't needed.
hey what's up man. I'm from the other thread. https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-misc-15/coolant-hose-positioning-question-3306219/ If you don't have another pipe flange to run it to then I would T it off. It's there for a reason you would think. You can get these little T's at Autozone. And just run a hose to an IACV hose coming from behind the intake manifold and cut and T it off. I'll post pics of mine when I complete it. I've got hoses and clips in the mail and I'm just waiting. Here's what the T's look like.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lolv8s
hey what's up man. I'm from the other thread. https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-m...stion-3306219/ If you don't have another pipe flange to run it to then I would T it off. It's there for a reason you would think. You can get these little T's at Autozone. And just run a hose to an IACV hose coming from behind the intake manifold and cut and T it off. I'll post pics of mine when I complete it. I've got hoses and clips in the mail and I'm just waiting. Here's what the T's look like.

OK I think I will do the same. Which side of the IACV are you putting it on? Or does it matter?
Old 09-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MastaFlyMason
OK I think I will do the same. Which side of the IACV are you putting it on? Or does it matter?
I put it on the hose farthest towards the passenger side/ throttle body side. I used the middle sized T fitting from Vatozone. One fitting was too big and one was too small. I ordered three hose clips for the fitting. And I just ordered another IACV hose and it fit perfectly all around and distance wise as well.