Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

ATI RACE DAMPER -What are the infective pulley options for the "race" version?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATI RACE DAMPER -What are the infective pulley options for the "race" version?

Hey so I bought an ATI SUPER DAMPER but I bout the race one which is a 30% underdrive pulley and now I have charging problems at idle... so that being said does anyone know of and alternator pulleys that I can buy that will compensate for the underdruve pulley?
Old 06-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 179 Likes on 137 Posts
Default re: ATI RACE DAMPER -What are the infective pulley options for the "race" version?

What engine?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: ATI RACE DAMPER -What are the infective pulley options for the "race" version?

B18C1 so GSR
Old 06-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When parts say "race only" they mean race only. This is a big pet peeve of mine. Like when people buy titanium valve retainers for a street car and continue to wonder why they keep dropping valves every couple years.
Race only doesn't always mean it can be used on street cars but stated for legal purposes, it means literally race only.

Buy the street version of the ATI pulley. You'll save yourself a LOT of hassle in the future by doing so.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the main reason I bought this one was because it was a single pulley on the damper because i did not want to have a bunch of extra pulleys that were not getting used. And yes it says "race" but it even says too that you can use it on the street.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Chris Lugo on one of the SFWD groups on Facebook sells the pulley and belt for around $50 each