Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

2005 Acura TL with "code" on radio and dead battery that won't charge

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Acura TL with "code" on radio and dead battery that won't charge

Hey guys,

So I just picked up my 2005 Acura TL from a body shop after they replaced the passenger side panel on the front door and replaced the front right tire. I was hit by a van coming in to my lane that just did not see me. Anyways, there was no mechanical damage done to the vehicle as far as I know. Everything, including radio & battery was working fine when I took my car in.

However, when I picked up my car I noticed the radio would not work and only said "code" and the battery for some reason would no longer hold a charge. The body shop claims they had nothing to do with it any who knows, maybe they didnt. However, I've never had these sort of problems before and like I said they were all working when I dropped the TL off.

Any thoughts on what may have happened? I'm not much of a car guy so any advice would be helpful for when I call the body shop later so they don't just take full advantage of my little car knowledge.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:33 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Acura TL with "code" on radio and dead battery that won't charge

CODE will come up on the radio anytime batt. is disconnected, you will need the code to unlock it.

If the batt. is original it is due for a change, replace it, if you get one at a batt. shop like Interstate Batteries, they will install it and test the system, you can even have them check the system, [for free] to let you knpow what is wrong.

If the problem is the batt. will not hold a charge, [goes dead overnight or if it sits for a long time but will start the car if you start it right after turning it off, try this, once you have turned off the engine disconnect the batt. neg.(-) and leave it untill you need to start the car, [overnight] if that works you have a parasitic draw, something in the car is staying on, check trunk/hatch light, glovebox light if you have one, or do a parasitic drain test. 94
Old 10-07-2016, 01:58 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Acura TL with "code" on radio and dead battery that won't charge

Go to dealer with proof of ownership and the radio serial number and they will give it to you for free, it takes 2 min. at the service department. 94