Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

1995 Honda Accord Ex window probz

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Honda Accord Ex window probz

My driver window is having a problem rolling up. Some times when I roll it all the way down, and then try to roll it back up, it sticks. I greased the track, and I don't think its a regulator problem. If I grab the top of the glass and wiggle it in place, I can roll it back up. When I took the panel off it looked like it was still on track.

Also, sometimes it rolls up, but there will be a gap between the seal and the window, as shown in the picture attached. Any ideas what It could be?
Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 1995 Honda Accord Ex window probz

The glass is not in position on its mounts (meaning they are broken from the glass), or the regulator is rolling up the window at an angle. This is usually caused by a damaged regulator assembly, not the motor itself.

I have installed a number of customer requested window regulators in the past on many vehicles that lead to this type of problem occurring. First thing from you is to tell us when this started, and what the last thing done prior to the problem occurring? Was this door ever hit? Is it a replacement door?

Sometimes, due to user error (rolling up the window with a load on it) the tracks will deform causing binding at certain points. Usually in these situations, the window will roll up fine for the first few inches, grab very hard, and then once it makes it past the resistance, will roll up fine.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It started when I bought the car two years ago. Originally, i thought it was just a sticky window and grease would do the trick. I am the 2nd owner, so i'm not sure if anything was done to the window. When I took the panel off, it look like it's been opened up before. Does this mean I'll need a whole new window assembly? Or just a regulator?
Old 12-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mmedcalf
My driver window is having a problem rolling up. Some times when I roll it all the way down, and then try to roll it back up, it sticks. I greased the track, and I don't think its a regulator problem. If I grab the top of the glass and wiggle it in place, I can roll it back up. When I took the panel off it looked like it was still on track.

Also, sometimes it rolls up, but there will be a gap between the seal and the window, as shown in the picture attached. Any ideas what It could be?
Run channels are an extremely common fault and will cause the symptoms listed.....
Old 12-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to jack this thread or anything but, I recently got a 94 civic ex and my window track seals are damaged because the previous owner neglected to replace worn out regulators. The vehicle is a coupe. I need help knowing how to replace the window track seals. I've been looking it up for weeks. If you could point me in the right direction I would be very thankful!