Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Tein Mono Flex

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Mono Flex

Does anyone have first hand experience with the mono flex coilovers?
im buying a set next week. would just like a bit of intell about what u guys think.

i tried the normal flex but they didnt settle quick enough for my likings. the new development of the micro-speed valve sounds like it will eliminate the issue of bouncing when pushed hard mid and exit corner.

Comfort is really not an issue, basicly dont care. i want it as the roads are pretty sh*t here and they sound very adaptable to conditions.

My friend has buddy club race spec (absolutely awsome!!!) they are slightly too rigid to take the bumps without unsettling the car.

The EDFC is the part that will allow me to set it for certain parts of the hill climb im intending to put it in.

Any info pls let me know. Sry to go on!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Tein Mono Flex (ITRpm)

erm 12 views and no reply?! u guys can do better than that!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 AM

here is some help, my monoflex!!

http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbth...mport

this should help
Old 02-08-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Tein Mono Flex (Satoonxtreme)

thats absolutely beautiful!!! i cant wait to get mine! any intell on how they drive? i agree, when u got shitty roads EDFC is a god send. i cant imagine getting in and out pissing around with dampers. one im lazy and two i work for my car full stop. might aswel spoil myself!

thanks alot for your response! any info u can share about them would be very much apreciated!

Old 02-08-2007, 05:09 AM

I previously owned an Tein HA, the pre-ancester of FLEX. Comparing the new monoflex to the HA, despite the same spring rate (10k F and 6K for R), it is notice able that the Monoflex is less aggressive comparing to the HA.

HA and Monoflex shared alot in common, same spring rate, height adjustable and damping force adjustable. However, HA doesn't come with the balljoint (EDFC competibility needed the balljoint to work), and 2 seated spring (this way, your ride height will not effect the performance of the damper) and some material that they used to constuct the thing, internally and externally. Basically, the monoflex has the superior in technology advantage.

Now, come to the ride quality. for daily driving, I consider Monoflex to be quite accptable, although I adjusted it to almost the lowest damp force which is 14 at front and 16 at the back. This giving me some comfort over the bumpy road, thus, still feeling the sportiness of the shockup. Comparing to the HA, Monoflex has the MSV technology (micro speed valve) which ease up the damping force during the low speed, giving more comfort at crawing speed- low speed to the car, thus the car feel much better over the bump. HA was a pain.

Come to performance, there is notthing close to it. I took it into the track and notice that the monoflex have a very high respond to the steering and the road condition (of course, the age of technology between HA and Monoflex is almost like 6 years apart!), the handling is impressive. gotta love it.

I say, if you are usually a high speed driver, street racer or weekend racer. This thing is the shiz. However, if you really looking into comfort, then go SS. because this thing its like heaven and hell for the SS and Monoflex interm of comfort.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Tein Mono Flex (Satoonxtreme)

thankyou so much Satoonxtreme!

im deffinately convinced the mono flex are for me. i drive the car normally to and fro work, so comfort would help but honestly dont care about it. its on the days i thrash it around that make it worth buying the car!

the mono flex sound perfect for what i want. id get race spec if it wasnt for the complete disaster of roads!

Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:25 AM

dyno would be awesome
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tein Mono Flex (Team Bukkake Sucks!!!)

bump for any updates on monoflex. thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tein Mono Flex

can someone explain what the micro speed valve actually feels like and does while driving so i can understand it?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tein Mono Flex

http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/msv.html

kind a hard to use words to explain a FEELING...