Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Swapped Civic...which axles do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapped Civic...which axles do I need?

Hi all.

I have a '94 civic ex that had a B18c (I was told SIR-G) swapped into it, and I recently took it in for an alignment, only to discover that my ball joints are loose and my cv boots are torn.
"Okay," I say. "I'll just take care of both issues at once, and not pay for two &#$^@# alignments." Only one problem...which parts do I use? The ball joints I can figure out reasonably, I'm sure, but which CV axles do I need? I figured Integra, but the Integra axles I see pictures of online seem too similar as a pair—the ones on my car are quite different looking.

Any clues?
Old 08-19-2017, 10:38 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Swapped Civic...which axles do I need?

Originally Posted by Slice
Hi all.

I have a '94 civic ex that had a B18c (I was told SIR-G) swapped into it, and I recently took it in for an alignment, only to discover that my ball joints are loose and my cv boots are torn.
"Okay," I say. "I'll just take care of both issues at once, and not pay for two &#$^@# alignments." Only one problem...which parts do I use? The ball joints I can figure out reasonably, I'm sure, but which CV axles do I need? I figured Integra, but the Integra axles I see pictures of online seem too similar as a pair—the ones on my car are quite different looking.

Any clues?
Take some photos of your current axles.

94-01 USDM Integra or 99-00 Civic Si axles are what you want. Its ancient knowledge. Even Jesus knew that.

B series cars use a short axle on the RH (passenger) side, and an intermediate shaft, coupled with a short axle on the LH side.

Are you looking at the intermediate shaft thinking its part of your LH axle? Or did someone do something insane like put a D series axle in and delete the intermediate shaft?

Photos will help.

As for ball joints/tie rods:
Buy them from Honda, using a site like Bernardiparts. If they are not available, I believe the Sankei aftermarket joints will work well.

I'd probably avoid Moog.