Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Stock suspension - rear upper coil spring insulator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Stock suspension - rear upper coil spring insulator?

I've got an EF civic currently on Yonaka coilovers, but I'm in the process of going back to stock suspension. I've bought new shocks and coil springs for front and rear. When I pulled the rear coils off, I thought I could re-use the spring insulator from the old Yonaka coilovers, but since the springs are smaller so is the coil spring insulator. So obviously I need a new rubber insulator. I've searched the forums here, looked through Rockauto and Partsgeek, I went to O'reillys and a couple other places, but no one has these listed specifically for civics - and of course they're discontinued by Honda.

For Reference #14

Does anyone know of a part # that would work? I see they are available from Honda for the EG and EK... The shock mounts are the same part number too. Anyone know if the EG/EK insulator will be compatible with the EF springs? Would just need to match the inside diameter of the springs I suppose.

EDIT: Think I just solved my own problem lol. I searched to see if EG springs would fit an EF (or vice versa) and they do! So that means the EG insulator should fit.

Last edited by Smackin; 05-27-2019 at 06:37 AM.