Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/)
-   -   Squeaking Noise Front Right Wheel (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/squeaking-noise-front-right-wheel-2637928/)

bopbop93030 08-31-2009 03:16 PM

Squeaking Noise Front Right Wheel

I having a hard time figuring where this squeaking noise coming from. The noise is coming from the front right wheel are. When you pressed down the fender the squeak is there probably by the disc brake area, I doubt if it is the spring and shock.

These are the what is installed

GC w/ Koni yellows
Ingalls Camber kit front and rear
ST sway bar - I doubt it coz. the noise is coming towards the front and not from the inside.

I sprayed this morning with silicone lubricant everything I can think off in the front and yet the noise is still there.

When somebody gets off from the passenger side it squeals.

Help!

Egezzy 08-31-2009 05:25 PM

Re: Squeaking Noise Front Right Wheel

you check the tie rod end??

TunerN00b 08-31-2009 05:53 PM

My GC extended upper shock mounts came with polyurethane spring isolators that squeak. OEM spring isolators are rubber. If you have them, could be the cause.

bopbop93030 08-31-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Egezzy (Post 39817261)
you check the tie rod end??

yes

bopbop93030 08-31-2009 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by TunerN00b (Post 39817597)
My GC extended upper shock mounts came with polyurethane spring isolators that squeak. OEM spring isolators are rubber. If you have them, could be the cause.

Don't have any isolators of any kind on my springs all around.

The thing is why is it, it only squeals on the pass side front.

Tomorrow I will jack up the car again and just dropped the front supported with a block of wood and jack and will try to find the source.

When the car is jacked up and no wheel there is no noise only when there is a wheel.

Egezzy 09-01-2009 09:20 AM

does this noise appear during bumps/drops or turning or both??

bopbop93030 09-01-2009 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Egezzy (Post 39824135)
does this noise appear during bumps/drops or turning or both??

Normal driving, yes there is sound but minimal but if someone who gets off on the pass side it will sound. The sound is like one of those bicycle horn that has a black rubber you have to press. like airhorn style.

No it does not make noise when turning.

Egezzy 09-01-2009 01:31 PM

so it makes that squal of a goose??

OneManArmy 09-01-2009 03:02 PM

Wheel bearing?

danielfleenor 09-01-2009 08:19 PM

i got the same prob. Im just lowered on HKS's Shit is annoying

danielfleenor 09-01-2009 08:20 PM

ttt

Egezzy 09-01-2009 09:25 PM

do you guys have "aftermarket" bushings anywhere in your front ends??

dragallmotor24 09-02-2009 11:30 AM

Try lubricating/greasing your upper and lower ball joint...Sounds like the same issue I had on my DC. If that works, your gonna have to replace them both.

siRone 09-04-2009 07:40 AM

Could b the camber kit too. I know some of them r made with polyurethane. Ingalls FTL. I have the same ones.

ohsnapzafingcu 09-04-2009 08:02 AM

sounds like the lower ball joint

bopbop93030 09-04-2009 09:53 AM

Been busy lately and I do not have time to take a look at it. Maybe this weekend.

Egezzy 09-04-2009 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by siRone (Post 39859623)
Could b the camber kit too. I know some of them r made with polyurethane. Ingalls FTL. I have the same ones.

also true. i was going to say the same thing but the noise described isnt exaclty the same noise mine make. lol. his was described as a nike squeeze horn. lol. those shits are loud. lol.

lazyxmofo 04-22-2010 08:45 AM

Has anyone Found a solution for this problem? The same thing is happening to me. Squeaky when I push down on my fender and doesn't squeak when I take the tire off

PatrickGSR94 04-22-2010 10:21 AM

Most likely it's the upper control arm bushings. I had cheap aftermarket OE-replacement upper arms on my car and the bushings and ball joints all took a dump within a year. The front of the car squeaked soooo loudly when pushing down on the front of the car.

Try jacking up the front of the car, remove wheels, and unbolt lower shock fork and sway bar end links. Then move the suspension up and down freely to see where it squeaks.

I tried loosening the UCA bushings and then tightening them back down at suspension ride height, but that only helped for a few short days.